Hey, guys! Today, we will tackle how to scan QR codes on Android email, text, browser and photo. If you are interested in learning how, then scroll down and continue reading.
Scan QR Code On Android Email Text Photo
A Quick Response code, also known as QR code, is a kind of matrix barcode, often known as a two-dimensional barcode, developed in 1994 by Denso Wave, a Japanese automaker. A barcode is an optical label that can be read by a computer and contains data about the object to which it is attached. Basically, QR codes frequently contain information for a tracker, location, or identifier that directs users to a website or application. To store information efficiently, QR codes use four specified encoding modes: numeric, alphanumeric, byte/binary, and kanji; extensions can optionally be used.
Because it can store more data than a conventional UPC barcode and is faster to scan than a typical UPC barcode, the Quick Response system gained popularity outside of the automobile industry. Applications include document management, general marketing, product tracking, item identification, and time monitoring.
A camera or other imaging device can scan a QR code’s black squares, which are structured in a square grid on a white backdrop and contain certain fiducial markers. Reed-Solomon error correction is then used to process the picture so that it can be properly decoded. Next, patterns found in the image’s horizontal and vertical components are used to extract the necessary data.
The use of QR codes has increased dramatically during the past ten years. They are shown in books as well as on restaurant windows, bus stations, and storefronts. They’re a practical technique to swiftly redirect customers to particular websites.
Additionally, more devices are created to scan QR codes as they become more common. That includes mobile devices.
Any Android devices with a camera, including smartphones and tablets, can scan QR codes. After scanning QR codes, you are free to access or distribute the URL or website.
Generally speaking, in this modern time, it’s very simple to scan QR codes on an iPhone or an Android phone. To get the phone camera to recognize a QR code, just aim it in its direction. You can scan the QR code on your android device without using a different phone.
Using Google Lens To Scan A QR Code From An Image
Google Lens is a fantastic tool for extracting data from photographs. It is used to detect objects like animals and plants, copy and translate text from photographs, locate comparable images, scan QR codes, and a lot more.
Furthermore, Google Lens has useful features, such as allowing users of Android and iOS to use QR codes from photographs in the gallery or camera roll. On practically all Android smartphones, it comes pre-installed in a variety of ways, including as a standalone app, widget, or integrated part of the Gallery or Camera app.
Take a look at the many methods for using Google Lens on Android to scan a QR code from images.
Using Google App On Android Phones
One of the simplest ways to utilize Google Lens feature to scan a QR code from a smartphone image is through the Google app. Here’s how it’s done.
Since Google app is already installed on your Android phone, you don't need to download it. Simply launch the Google app installed on your phone, and tap the Google Lens icon on upper right corner of the screen on the search bar.
Your phone's images will be displayed on the Google Lens screen. If you are unable to see the photos, hit the Gallery icon in the lower-left corner before tapping the QR code-containing image. Wait for Google Lens to read the QR code and display the data.
Using Google App Search Widget
On Android, you can also access Google lens through the Google app search bar widget. You must first install the widget to your home screen before you can utilize it.
Here’s How It’s Done
- To add the Google Search widget on android, on the home screen of your Android phone, tap and hold an empty section. Then, select “Add widgets” by tapping on it once.
- Find the Google widgets. Drag the “Search” widget to the home screen while holding the widget in place. On the home screen, a Google search bar widget will show. Those who already have the Google search bar widget on their home screen can ignore the first two steps.
- Next, to open Google Lens, tap on the “Google Lens” button in the search bar. The pictures from your gallery will appear. Touch and hold the QR code-containing image.
- Google lens will read QR codes.
- Ensure that the “Search” tab is chosen at the bottom if Google Lens is having trouble reading the QR code.
- By the way, if the pictures in the Gallery aren’t visible on step 3, tap “Search with your camera” instead, then tap the Gallery button at the bottom. Then, choose the QR-coded image.
Using Google Photos
The Google Photos app for Android also includes Google Lens. Almost all Android phones come with it preinstalled.
The steps below will show you how to read QR codes from images in Google Photos on Android.
- If the Google Photos app is not yet installed on your Android, download it on Play store.
- Your images and videos captured with the Camera are shown on the main screen of the Google Photos app. To access additional albums on your phone, including screenshots, downloads, etc., tap the “Library” option at the bottom.
- Then, open the photo with the QR code, and tap on the Lens icon at the bottom. As soon as the QR code is scanned, the necessary data will be shown.
Phone Gallery App
The Gallery app on some smartphones, such as the OnePlus, includes the Google Lens feature.
- The native Gallery app will open the image when you scan the QR code.
- Next, the code can be scanned by tapping on the Google Lens button.
- You should be able to see the results right away.
Google Lens App
If none of the methods discussed work for you to access Google Lens, you can download its dedicated app and use it to scan QR codes from previously stored images.
Here’s How It’s Done
- If Google Lens has not been installed on your phone yet, download it from the Play Store and launch it.
- Then, choose the image that has the QR code on it.
- Wait for the Lens to finish reading the code and display the results.
Scan A QR Code From An Image Using A Samsung Phone
Scanning QR Code Using Quick Tile
- On your Samsung Galaxy phone, launch the Quick Tile panel by swiping down twice from the top edge.
- On the available tiles, swipe left. If you are not able to see “Scan QR Code”, browse to the last page of tiles and click the “+” button. However, if you see the “Scan QR Code”, you can skip the next step, and proceed to step 4.
- The “Scan QR code” button can be added to the Quick Tiles by tapping and holding it in the top panel and dragging it to the bottom panel. After that, tap on “Done”.
- To scan a QR code within an image, simply open the Quick Tiles panel and select the “Scan QR code” tile anytime.
- Then, select the image to be scanned by tapping the Gallery icon on the next screen.
Using The Samsung Internet
Aside from browsing, Samsung Internet can also scan QR codes from images with it. However, you must first install the QR code scanner to Samsung Internet.
Here’s How Its Done
- Launch the Samsung Internet app on your phone.
- Next, tap and hold the three-bar icon on the lower right portion of the screen. Select “Settings”. if the QR code scanner tile is not visible, then proceed to the next step. However, if you see the QR code scanner tile, then go directly to step 5.
- Find and tap “Layout and menu”, then select “Customized menu.
- The QR code scanner should be moved from the top to the bottom panel by dragging it there.
- Return to the Samsung Internet home page and tap the icon with the three bars. And then click the button for the QR code scanner.
- At the bottom of the scanner screen, tap the Gallery icon. Open the QR code-containing image.
Samsung Bixby Vision
You have the option to scan QR codes from images on Samsung devices running One UI 3 and earlier by using the Gallery app’s Bixby Vision feature. However, in One UI 4 and later, this feature was discontinued.
Here’s How It’s Done
- Open the Samsung Gallery app, and then access the photo containing the QR code.
- To scan the QR code from the image, tap the eye symbol at the top of the screen.
Use Third-Party Apps To Scan A QR Code In An Image
You can also scan QR codes from the photographs on your phone using third-party online tools and applications.
Just go to play store and type QR code scanner on the search bar. You will then be given a list QR code scanner app that you can install on your phone.
And that’s it. I hope this simple guideline has been able to help you. Thanks for reading this post.