Any application that allows you to record a video or audio should use your phone’s microphone. Upon installation you will be prompted to give permission to the app to use the microphone.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 4 minutes
There are times when you have to disallow an app from using the Microphone and if you’re already given it permission to use the service, then you don’t have to worry as you can easily revoke its access anytime.
That’s what we’re going to show you in this post, and here’s how it’s done:
- Pull down the Quick Settings panel and tap the gear icon.
You will have to swipe down from the top of the screen twice for the quick settings panel to show and tapping the gear icon will open the Settings app.
- On the next screen, scroll down a bit to find Privacy and once found, tap on it.
This menu will show you privacy-related settings that you can change to optimize your device’s privacy and security.
- Tap Permission manager.
This will bring you to the screen where you can find a lit of core services in your phone.
- Tap Microphone.
On the next screen, you will see a lit of apps that already have permission to use your phone’s microphone.
- Find the app you want to block from using the microphone.
In this tutorial, let’s use Facebook as an example.
- If Allow only while using the app is selected, it means that the app can’t use the microphone in the background.
This is the default setting for apps that are allowed by your phone’s core services.
- Tap Ask every time to select it.
For this option, you will be prompted if the app is about to use your phone’s microphone and it’s up to you if you allow it or not.
- Tap Don’t allow to select it.
To ultimately revoke the app’s access to the microphone, then this is the option you should choose.
- Android 13, Permission Manager
- Google Pixel 7
It’s all up to you which app you want to allow to use your device’s microphone but as far as revoking their permission is concerned, that’s how it’s done.
We hope this guide can help you.
Posts you might like