This post will walk you through manually implementing updates for apps that are left pending in the Play Store app on the latest Google Pixel device. Here’s a quick guide to manually install pending app updates on Google Pixel 7.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Just like operating systems, apps also receive periodic updates from their respective developers. These updates usually contain new features, enhanced functionalities and bug fixes. App updates in the Google Play Store can be implemented automatically or manually depending on the end-user’s preferences.
Depicted below is the actual process of accessing the Play Store updates directory and manually installing any app update that’s left pending. You may refer to this guide for some input if you’re new to this device.
- To get started, open the Play Store app by tapping on the Play Store icon from the Home screen.
You can also launch the Google Play Store through the Apps viewer.
- While in the Play Store menu, tap on your profile icon on the upper-right corner of the search box.
Doing so opens a submenu with a list of options attributed to your Play Store account.
- Select Manage apps & device from the given menu options to proceed.
Another menu opens with relevant options to manage apps on your device.
- Navigate to the Manage tab and then tap Updates available. A list of all apps with pending updates will load up on the next display.
Alternatively, you can tap on the View all updates link from the Overview tab. Doing so will take you straight to the same menu with a list of apps that have pending updates.
- Mark the checkbox next to the app that you’d like to update. Just tap on the checkbox to mark it.
Simultaneous updating is allowed so you can select multiple apps to update.
- After selecting apps, tap the Update button represented by a clockwise arrow with a check in the middle. This icon is located on the top-right edge beside the trash icon.
The update icon is not accessible if all your apps are up to date. Instead, you'll get to see the same screen below.
The phone will then start updating all selected apps.
- Google Pixel 7
While updating, make sure that your device has a stable internet connection, has ample storage and is sufficiently charged.
To speed up the updating process and to avoid any potential interruptions, refrain from using your device. The entire updating process may vary depending on the number of apps to update and the total update file size to install. Generally, it’ll be quick.
A notification saying that all your apps are up to date or something similar will then be displayed on the Updates available tab once all pending updates are completely installed. By then, you should be all set to use your phone as you normally do.
Facing some minor post-update glitch?
If something unusual transpires after you update apps, then you should restart your device. The recent software changes might have inflicted some sort of atypical system behavior, which is often resolved by a quick system reboot or soft reset. Just turn your phone off for a few seconds and then turn it back on again. After that, everything should be working smoothly as intended.
And that’s all about manually installing pending app updates on the new Google Pixel 7.