You can set up parental controls on your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 with the Google Family Link app, allowing you to set rules on how your child’s phone is going to be used by them. This makes it safe for them to learn and play online without you worrying about them accessing any adult content.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 one of the latest Android devices available in the market that uses a foldable display form factor. It’s suited for users who want to have a full-sized smartphone that can also fit in any pocket. Some of its best features include a Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 chip and a battery capacity of 3700 mAh.
Enable Parental controls and Set Content Restrictions on Galaxy Z Flip 4
One of the features available in your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is that it allows you to restrict the app usage of your child. You can prevent them from accessing certain websites or even monitor how long they are using the phone.
Here’s how to set up this feature using the Google Family Link app.
Set up parental controls on your device
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Digital Wellbeing and parental controls.
- Tap Parental controls.
- Tap Get started.
- Select Child or teen, or Parent, depending on the device’s user. In this case, tap Parent.
- Tap Get Family Link then install Google Family Link.
- When the app is already available, tap Open.
- Review the information, and then tap Get started.
- Select the desired Google account.
- You need to choose who will be using the device: Parent or Child or teen. For this example, tap Parent.
- Next, you will need to choose who will be using the device: Parent or Child or teen. For this example, tap Parent.
- Select Yes or No depending on if your child has a Google account. For this example, tap Yes.
- Review the instructions to set up your child’s device, then tap Done, and then tap OK.
- On your child’s device, download Google Family Link for children & teens, and then enter the provided Family Link setup code.
- Use the on-screen instructions on both devices to finish connecting the two devices.
- You can now use the on-screen instructions on both devices to finish connecting the two devices.
Set up parental controls on Google Play Store
Enabling parental controls on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Google Play Store prevents anything from being purchased if no password has been entered.
- Open the Play Store app.
- Tap on the Menu button located at the top left of the screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on the switch to activate the feature.
- You will now need to Create content PIN. then confirm your selected PIN.
- Once PIN has been created, Set content restrictions: Apps, Games, Movies, and TV: Choose the highest maturity level of content you want to allow for download or purchase; Music and Books: Choose whether you want to restrict downloads or purchases of explicit content.
Fix possible parental control issues
There are instances when you will experience issues when setting up or using your phone parental controls feature. Here’s what you need to do to fix the problem.
Restart your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
The first thing you will need to do is to restart your phone as this will usually fix any issues caused by a minor software glitch.
This process will reboot the operating system of the phone and reload all of its services. Your personal data, files, and apps will remain unchanged.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Power key and Volume down button on the right edge for approximately 15 seconds.
- Release the buttons when the Samsung logo appears.
Check for software updates
One of the reasons why your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 will experience issues is due to a bug in its current software version.
You need to manually check for any new software updates available for your Samsung device and apply them immediately. It’s best to manually check for major Android updates regularly as sometimes the automatic update feature is delayed.
- Go to your phone Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Software update.
- Tap Download and install.
Perform a Factory Reset
This procedure will erase your phone data and bring it back to its original condition. Any corrupted data stored in the operating system which could be causing this problem will be completely removed.
Before proceeding with this procedure, it is recommended that you backup your Galaxy Fold 4 data.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and side buttons until the device vibrates and the Android Recovery screen appears then release all buttons. Allow up to 30 seconds for the recovery screen to appear.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset. You can use the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the side key to select.
- Select Factory data reset. Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
- Select Reboot system now. Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
- Set up your Android phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do if I forget the PIN of the parental controls?
Open the Settings app.
Tap Apps & notifications.
Tap Google Play Store.
Tap Storage and then Clear data or Clear storage.
Your parental controls and PIN will now be reset.
When you go back into the Play Store app and add parental controls, you'll be able to set a new PIN.
- When is it recommended to use parental controls?
If you have a child that borrows your phone or if your child has their own smartphone, then it's recommended to use parental controls in order for you to monitor their usage of the device.
- Some apps and games are not opening after setting up parental controls
This could be because the new version of the app has a higher rating than the version you have on your device. If the latest version of the app has a higher rating than your parental controls allow, you won't be prompted to update the app. To get the update, you need to change your parental control settings to allow a higher rating.
- How do I block messages in my phone?
From the home screen, select the messages app. Select the desired message thread. Select the Drop-down icon, then select the Info icon. Select More, then select Block contact. Select Block to block the contact.
- How do I unblock messages in my phone?
To remove a number from the Blocked numbers list, from the Messages app, select the Menu icon then select Settings. Select Block numbers and spam. Select Block numbers. Select the Remove icon next to the desired number to unblock.