The #Samsung #Galaxy #A9 is a premium mid range device that holds the distinction of being the world’s first quad camera smartphone. This is due to the fact that it has four rear cameras allowing it to take excellent quality photos. The phone sports a 6.3 inch Super AMOLED display while under the hood is a Snapdragon 660 processor with 6GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the how to perform a software update on Galaxy A9 issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy A9 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Perform A Software Update On Samsung Galaxy A9
Problem: hello. my samsung phone is trying to update. it shows a updating software screen then shows a black screen with white words like can’t install /system (incorrect argument) or something like that. then it goes back to the previous screen only to repeat until the battery is dead. please help! i’ve tried the holding power volume down button thing this is my moms phone and it worked fine for about a week. there are no microSD cards in it and i’ve charged it for days.
Related Problem: Hi, my samsung galaxy A9 is still stuck on the original update, but whenever I try to search for an update it says there are none and it’s up to date? I know for sure that an update has been out for a while and my phone should have gotten it. I’ve downloaded smart switch on my pc as per the help site and it also doesn’t prompt an update.
Solution: Every now and then a software update is going to be released to a mobile device. These updates make the phone perform better, fix certain bugs, or improve its security features. The Galaxy A9, which has been recently released is a device that also gets software updates. To properly update your phone software follow the steps listed below.
Manually download the update
- Make sure your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network
- On the home screen, swipe up for the Apps menu
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap Software update
- Tap Download updates manually.
- Your phone will now check for updates.
- When an Install software message appears on your screen, tap Install now
- Tap OK.
Use Smart Switch to get the software update
- Go to Samsung’s Smart Switch website and download for PC or Mac.
- Install and open Smart Switch on your computer and connect your phone via its USB cable.
- If you haven’t plugged in the phone to your computer before, tap Allow on the pop-up on your phone to give it access. If Smart Switch doesn’t recognize the phone, click the menu in Smart Switch and click Reinstall device driver then restart.
- Once your phone will be recognized by Smart Switch you will see several options on the main screen for backing up and restoring. You do not need to backup or restore your phone to initiate an update.
- A software check is performed when you plug in, and Smart Switch will list your current software details. If there is a software update available for your phone, you’ll be notified on the main screen.
- If available, Click Update to install the latest software. It will download first to your computer, then sideload to your phone.
In case the phone still does not get a software update then then I suggest that you backup your phone data then start the phone in recovery mode. From here you should wipe the cache partition of the phone then do a factory reset. Once the reset is complete then try to update the phone software manually or by using Smart Switch.
Wipe cache partition of A9
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Factory data reset of A9 when powered off
- Make sure the device is powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Bixby + Power buttons at the same time. Release all buttons when the Phone vibrates.
- From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset. Use the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the power button to select.
- Select Yes.
- Select Reboot system now.
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.