We will help you how to effectively locate a missing Galaxy S4 using the native features of your Samsung Smartphone. To do this, simply follow the steps below:
A. Enable the “Remote Controls” Feature
This portion requires you to set up a Samsung account first. You can find the option to do it in the Accounts tab of your Settings. Be reminded that you should do this while you have your device.
1. Open Settings and make sure that you have selected the More tab.
2. Go to Security.
3. Under the Find My Mobile section, select Remote Controls.
4. Hit OK in the introduction message.
5. Add your Samsung account.
6. Make sure that the Remote Controls switch is active or in green, and the Use Wireless Networks option under Location Consent has been checked.
7. Agree to the popup message.
B. Use Find My Mobile to Locate Missing Galaxy S4
Note that the series of steps below should be done as soon as you have a strong belief that your Android device has gone missing.
1. Go to the Find My Mobile page at the official website of Samsung using any Internet-enabled device.
2. Sign in using the Samsung account of your missing Galaxy S4.
3. If you have more than one device registered using your Samsung account, choose the one that has gone missing.
4. Open the Locate My Mobile tab. This will show you the location of your missing Smartphone unit.
5. If your device is nearby, you can force it to ring by selecting the Ring My Mobile tab.
6. If your device is not within your vicinity, you can lock its screen using the configurations under the Lock My Mobile section.
7. If you are positive that your device has been stolen and retrieval is already impossible, or there are important data that you have to protect from prying eyes, you can delete all the contents of your missing phone using the Wipe My Mobile option.
For questions about Android devices, email us at [email protected]