The #LG #QStylus is a mid-range Android smartphone model released in August 2018 that is an affordable alternative to the Note series of devices. This device is MIL-STD-810G compliant and is IP68 certified. It has a 6.2 inch IPS LCD screen having a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels which works with the included stylus. At the back is a single 16MP camera while the front has an 8MP selfie camera. Under the hood, you will find the Mediatek MT6750 octa core processor which is paired with 4GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the LG Q Stylus Black Screen of Death issue.
If you own an LG Q Stylus or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix The LG Q Stylus Black Screen of Death Issue
The Black Screen of Death is a term given to a phone with a display that does not work. When this problem occurs the phone might still be on and getting notifications but nothing can be seen on its screen or it can be totally off and not responding at all. This is usually caused by a faulty hardware component although it can also be caused by a software glitch. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this problem.
Charge the phone battery
The first thing that you will need to do in this case is to eliminate the possibility of the problem being caused by a drained battery as this problem can occur when the phone does not have any charge. Make sure to fully charge the phone by following the steps listed below.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air making sure that any dirt or debris stuck in it is removed.
- Fully charge the phone using its wall charger.
- In case the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port in case charging using the wall charger fails to work.
Once the phone has sufficient charge you should try turning on the device and check if the screen works.
Perform a soft reset
There’s a possibility that the problem is caused by corrupted cached data that the phone has stored. To eliminate this possibility you will have to refresh the phone software which can be done by simply restarting the phone. This will usually fix minor issues caused by a software glitch. To perform this procedure just press and hold the Power button and Volume Down until the device powers off, approximately 8 seconds, then release. Once this is done check if the LG Q Stylus Black Screen of Death issue still occurs.
Start the phone in Safe Mode
Sometimes an app you downloaded from the Google Play Store will cause the LG Q Stylus Black Screen of Death issue on the phone when it is installed. This can happen if the app has bugs or is incompatible with your phone . To check if an app you downloaded is causing the problem you will have to start the phone in Safe Mode as only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.
- Turn off your phone and reboot.
- When you see the LG logo, press and hold the Volume Down key until you see the home screen.
- Your home screen displays Safe mode in the lower left corner as shown.
In case the issue does not occur in this mode then it is most likely caused by an app you installed. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Wipe the cache partition of the phone
Your phone will usually store the most commonly used data for easy access to improve its performance. Sometimes this data which is stored in the dedicated partition of the phone can become corrupted. When this happens this will usually cause certain issues to occur on the phone. To eliminate the possibility that this is what’s causing the problem you will have to wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Press and hold the power button and the volume down button. Release both buttons when the System Recovery screen appears.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Cache and press the power button to confirm.
- Restart the device.
Check if the LG Q Stylus Black Screen of Death issue still occurs.
Perform a factory reset
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then your last option is to do a factory reset from the recovery mode. Take note that this process will delete your phone data so make sure you already have a backup copy of the contents of your device before proceeding with this step.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When the ‘Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings’ message appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device.
Once the reset is complete check if the issue still occurs. If it does then this is most likely caused by a faulty hardware component in which case you will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it repaired.