The Sonos Move Bluetooth not connecting issue prevents you from pairing the speaker to your smartphone. There are different factors that can cause this such as a drained speaker battery, device not paired, or device not within range. You need to do several troubleshooting steps on the speaker to fix this.
The Sonos Move is a smart Bluetooth speaker that can also connect to our Wi-Fi network. It comes with a built-in Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant feature allowing you to perform various hands-free actions such as getting the news, setting the alarm, or playing music. Some of its features include voice control, streaming over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, weather resistance, and an 11 hour battery life just to name a few.
Technical Specification of Sonos Move:
- Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture.
- Far-field microphone array uses advanced beamforming and multi-channel echo cancellation so your voice assistant can be readily activated.
- One downward-firing tweeter creates a crisp, clear high-frequency response that disperses evenly for an ultra-wide soundstage.
- Weather resistant
- Voice Control
- Capacitive Touch Controls
- Automatic Software Updates
What to do when your Sonos Move doesn’t connect to a Bluetooth device
One issue that you might encounter with your Move Bluetooth speaker is when you cannot pair it with another Bluetooth device. This can be an annoying problem especially if you want to play your favorite music on the speaker. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this.
Solution 1: Perform a factory reset on Sonos Move
The first troubleshooting step you should perform is a factory reset or hard reset. This will wipe out data on this speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is usually done whenever you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t make a Bluetooth connection. Make sure that the speaker is not plugged to its charger when performing these steps.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Press and hold the power button on the back of your Move.
Do this for at least 5 seconds to power it off.
- Press and hold the Join button and place Move back on the charging base.
This initializes the reset process.
- Continue holding the Join button until the light on top flashes orange and white.
The reset process is now starting.
The reset process will complete when the light will flash green. After performing these steps try checking if you can pair the Move speaker.
Solution 2: Pair the Bluetooth device
There’s a possibility that the speaker is currently paired to another device or is not yet paired at all. To fix this you will need to pair the speaker again.
- Switch Move to Bluetooth mode by pressing the Mode button once. The top LED will turn blue.
- Press and hold the Mode button again to enable pairing mode. The LED will flash blue.
- Select Move from the device list of your phone to pair with it.
Solution 3: Charge the Sonos Move speaker to fix Bluetooth not connecting issue
If the battery of the speaker is drained then there’s a possibility that the Bluetooth feature will not work. If this is the culprit then all you need to do to fix this is to charge the speaker. When charging this speaker make sure to align the speaker contacts with that of the charging base. You should also make sure that the contacts of the speaker are not wet and no dirt or debris is present. Leave the speaker charging for 2 hours then try to check if it will turn on.
Solution 4: Device is not in range
The distance between this speaker and device it will be connecting to should not exceed 100 feet. This range will decrease if there are obstructions or signal interferences between both devices. Try moving the speaker and the device it is connecting to closer then check if the problem still occurs.
Having the Sonos Move Bluetooth not connecting issue can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.