The #Samsung #Galaxy #S9 is one of the best smartphone model to use when sending and receiving emails. This is due to the fact that the phone has a large 5.8 inch Super AMOLED display which is large enough to make reading and composing emails quite easy. The phone comes with a stock email app that can easily be configured with any email address. There are however instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S9 email app not working issue.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S9 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S9 Email App Not Working
Problem: I hope you can help. I did try the soft reset, installing the latest android software version, etc. After having my S9 for a year weeks, I suddenly cannot do anything with emails aside from read. I cannot reply or forward. If I click on that, nothing at all happens. This is a huge problem for me as I need to do this for work. I have an aol personal account and 2 outlook accounts for each of two work locations. I don’t know what else to try or who to ask. I have a feeling that uninstalling and reinstalling will not be the answer since I have a similar problem with another app, and I’m thinking maybe it is not a coincidence. That is just a calorie counting app. I can put items into it, but when I try to delete something, nothing happens when I click on delete. I did not change any settings on my phone. the only thing I did differently was use it in a car I do not ordinarily use, and so it was a different Bluetooth connection. Please help!
Solution: When you are having issue using the email app of the phone the first thing that you need to do is to clear the cache and data of the email app from the application manager. This will reset the email app. Take note that you will need to setup your email account again once this is done.
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Go to Settings then Apps.
- Ensure All apps is selected (upper-left).
- Locate then select the email app.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap CLEAR CACHE.
- Go back to the Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Go to Settings – Device maintenance – Storage (lower-right).
- Tap CLEAN NOW.
Try to check if the problem still occurs. In case it does then try to download another email app from the Google Play Store then check if the issue occurs when using this app.
In case the above steps fails to fix the problem then you should consider doing a factory reset. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing the reset.
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > Cloud and accounts > Backup and restore.
- Tap the following sliders to desired setting: Back up my data, Automatic restore.
- Tap the Back key (bottom right) until you reach the main Settings menu.
- Tap General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, then tap RESET > DELETE ALL.
- If you have screen lock turned on, enter your credentials.
- If prompted to verify your Samsung account, enter the password, then tap CONFIRM.
- Wait for the device to finish the reset sequence.