The #OnePlus6 is a premium Android smartphone released this year that has an affordable price yet can compete with the leading flagship models. This phone has a solid build quality composed of an Aluminum frame with glass on both the front and back. It uses a 6.28 inch Optic AMOLED display while under the hood is a Snapdragon 845 processor combined with 8GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the OnePlus 6 randomly rebooting issue.
If you own a OnePlus 6 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix OnePlus 6 Randomly Rebooting
Problem: Hello, I recently have a problem with my phone (OnePlus 6), since Wednesday, I had no problem with it but suddenly, Wednesday night, my phone restarted while I was playing Duel Links. And now, while playing, my phone reboots (i think that’s a “big reboot” beaucoup it shows the brand and the version of my phone when it restarts) randomly while I’m playing this game (that’s the only game on my phone. I hope you’ll have the solution to my problem. Thank you
Solution: Before troubleshooting this issue you should first make sure that your phone is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then make sure to download and install it first.
Check if an app you downloaded ( Duel Links) is causing the problem
Since you mentioned that the issue occurs when you use the Duel Links app then the problem could be caused by this app. You can try to uninstall the app or start the phone in Safe Mode to verify if it is indeed this app that is the culprit.
- Long Press power off button in your phone
- You will see the Reboot to safe mode message appear on the screen
- Tap OK to enter OnePlus 6 into safe mode
- Wait for your phone to restart, after that you can see safe mode symbol at bottom left corner side of the screen
If the phone does not restart in this mode then the problem could be caused by the Duel Links app. Try uninstalling this app then check if the issue still occurs.
Wipe the cache partition of the OnePlus 6
Corrupt cached system data can usually cause this kind of problem. To eliminate the possibility that this is causing the problem you should wipe the cache partition of your phone.
- Turn off the phone
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time to turn on the device.
- Continue to press and hold these two buttons while the OnePlus start screen is displayed.
- Wait until the phone starts in the recovery mode.
- Tap the language of your choice
- Tap the Clear Data and Cache option
- Tap the language of your choice. Tap on the “Wipe Cache” option
- Tap the Yes option when prompted to confirm
- Restart the phone
Perform a factory reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider should the issue persist is a factory reset. This will revert your phone back to its original factory condition. Take note that this will erase your phone data so make sure to create a backup copy before proceeding.
- Go to the Start screen.
- Drag the arrow symbol up.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Back up my data and choose an option.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Enable Erase internal storage.
- Tap RESET PHONE.
- Tap ERASE EVERYTHING.
- All data and settings saved on the OnePlus 6 will be deleted.
- The OnePlus 6 will automatically reset and reboot.
In case the phone still randomly resets even after a factory reset then this could already be caused by a faulty hardware component. The best thing to do right now is to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.