The #LG #Q7 is a mid-range Android smartphone first released last year. This phone is IP68 certified making it waterproof and dustproof to a certain extent. It has a 5.5 inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It sports a dual rear camera system and a single 5MP front camera. Under the hood is a Snapdragon 450 processor paired with 4GB of RAM. although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the LG Q7 can’t send MMS issue.
If you own an LG Q7 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix LG Q7 Can’t Send MMS Issue
Before doing any of the recommended troubleshooting steps for this particular problem it’s best to make sure that your phone is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then I suggest that you download and install it first. Once the phone software has been updated then it’s time to proceed with the steps listed below.
Generally, your carrier will require two things from your phone in order for it to be able to send and receive an MMS. First, your phone must have an active mobile data subscription and that it is getting a strong mobile data signal preferably LTE. Second, your phone should have the correct APN settings. These settings are unique for each carrier. Try comparing your phone APN settings to what your carrier is using and make the necessary changes in your device if needed.
You can access the APN of your phone by the following steps:
- From the Home screen, Settings.
- Tap the ‘Networks’ tab.
- Tap More > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
In case your phone meets both conditions and the issue still persists then you should proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
Perform a soft reset
This action will refresh the phone software which will usually fix issues caused by a minor software glitch. Although this is usually done on an unresponsive device it should also work in this case. To perform this procedure just press and hold the Power button and Volume Down until the device powers off, approximately 8 seconds, then release. Once this is done try to send an MMS.
Clear the cache and data of the messaging app
There are instances when corrupt data within the text messaging app can cause the LG Q7 can’t send MMS issue. To eliminate this possibility you will need to clear the cache and data of the text messaging app.
- From the Home screen tap Settings.
- Tap the ‘General’ tab > Apps & notifications.
- Tap App info.
- Tap the filter to select All
- Tap the Messaging app, then Storage.
- Tap Clear cache or Clear Data then YES
Check if the issue still occurs.
Check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode
Sometimes an app you downloaded from the Google Play Store will cause issues on the phone when it is installed. To check if an app you downloaded is causing the problem you will have to start the phone in Safe Mode as only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.
- With the screen on, press and hold the Power key.
- In the options menu that displays, press and hold Power off.
- When prompted to restart in Safe Mode, tap OK.
- When the device restarts, it displays Safe mode at the bottom of the screen.
In case the issue does not occur in this mode then it is most likely caused by an app you installed. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Wipe the cache partition of the phone
There are cases when the cached data stored in the dedicated partition of the phone can become corrupted. When this happens this this will usually cause certain issues to occur on the phone. To eliminate the possibility that this is what’s causing the problem you will have to wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap the ‘General’ tab.
- Tap Storage > Internal storage.
- Wait for menu options to finish calculating.
- Tap Free up space.
- Tap Temporary files & raw files.
- Select the following options: Cached data, Clip tray temporary files, Raw files from camera.
- Tap Delete > DELETE
Check if the issue still occurs.
Perform a factory reset
In case the above steps fails to fix the LG Q7 can’t send MMS issue then your last option is to do a factory reset. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing the reset as this will be deleted in the process.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When the ‘Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings’ message appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device.
Once the reset is complete setup your phone again making sure that the APN setting is correct then check if you can now send and receive an MMS.