The #LG #K30 is an affordable Android smartphone released last year which is known as one of the best basic mobile devices available in the market. It has a 5.3 inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. Under the hood is a Snapdragon 425 processor paired with a modest 2GB of RAM which should be enough to make the device run apps smoothly. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the LG K30 can’t send MMS issue.
If you own an LG K30 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix LG K30 Can’t Send MMS Issue
Before troubleshooting this particular problem it’s best to make sure that your phone is running on the latest software version. If an update is available then I suggest that you download and install it first. Once your phone has been updated proceed with the steps listed below.
There are generally two conditions that your phone must first meet in order for it to be able to successfully send and receive an MMS. First, your phone must have an active mobile data subscription and that it is getting a strong mobile data signal preferably LTE. Second, your phone should have the correct APN settings. These settings are unique for each carrier. Try comparing your phone APN settings to what your carrier is using and make the necessary changes if needed.
In case your phone meets the above listed conditions yet it still can’t send MMS then try the following troubleshooting steps.
Perform a soft reset
This action will refresh the phone software which will usually issues caused by a minor software glitch. To perform this procedure just press and hold the Power button and Volume Down until the device powers off, approximately 8 seconds, then release. Once this is done try to send an MMS.
Clear the cache and data of the messaging app
There are instances when corrupt data within the text messaging app can cause this problem. To eliminate this possibility you will need to clear the cache and data of the text messaging app.
- From the Home screen tap Settings.
- Tap the ‘General’ tab > Apps & notifications.
- Tap App info.
- Tap the filter to select All
- Tap the Messaging app, then Storage.
- Tap Clear cache or Clear Data then YES
Check if the issue still occurs.
Check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode
There are cases when an app you downloaded will cause issues on the phone when they are installed. To check if an app you downloaded is causing the problem you will have to start the phone in Safe Mode as only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run in this mode.
- With the screen on, press and hold the Power key.
- In the options menu that displays, press and hold Power off.
- When prompted to restart in Safe Mode, tap OK.
- When the device restarts, it displays Safe mode at the bottom of the screen.
In case the issue does not occur in this mode then it is most likely caused by an app you installed. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
Finding the particular app is a trial and error method. You will need to start the phone normally then uninstall an app. Once the app has been uninstalled check if the issue still occurs. Repeat this process until the issue no longer occurs. The last app you uninstalled is most likely the culprit.
Wipe the cache partition of the phone
There are cases when the cached data stored in the dedicated partition of the phone can become corrupted. When this happens this this will usually cause certain issues to occur on the phone. To eliminate the possibility that this is what’s causing the problem you will have to wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap the ‘General’ tab.
- Tap Storage > Internal storage.
- Wait for menu options to finish calculating.
- Tap Free up space.
- Tap Temporary files & raw files.
- Select the following options: Cached data, Clip tray temporary files, Raw files from camera.
- Tap Delete > DELETE
Check if the issue still occurs.
Perform a factory reset
In case the above steps fails to fix the LG K30 can’t send MMS issue then your last option is to do a factory reset. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing the reset as this will be deleted in the process.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
- When the ‘Delete all user data (including LG and carrier apps) and reset all settings’ message appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to reset the device.
Once the reset is complete setup your phone again making sure that the APN setting is correct then check if the issue still occurs.