The JBL Partybox 310 not turning on problem can be caused by different factors. Its battery might be drained, there might be a glitch in the software, or this might be caused by a faulty hardware. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
The JBL Partybox 310 is a large Bluetooth speaker that has RGB lights and is best used outdoors. It is able to deliver a maximum of 240 watts of power to allow you to play loud music in the backyard or pool. Some of its features include a pulsating light that dances to the beat, IPX4 protection, and 18 hours of battery life just to name a few.
Technical specifications of JBL Partybox 310:
- Model Name: JBL PartyBox 310
- Transducer: 2 x 6.5in (176mm) woofers + 2 x 2.5in (65mm) tweeters
- Output power: 240W RMS
- Frequency response: 45Hz – 20kHz (-6 dB)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >80dBA
- Power Supply: 100 – 240V – 50/60Hz
- Standby power consumption: < 2 W with BT connecting; < 0.5 W without BT connecting
- Bluetooth version: 5.1
- Bluetooth profile: A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6
- Bluetooth transmitter frequency range: 2.4 – 2.48GHz
- Bluetooth transmitter power: 15dBm (EIRP)
- Bluetooth transmitter modulation: GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
- Bluetooth range: Approx. 10m (33ft)
- USB format: FAT16, FAT32
- USB file format: mp3, wma, wav
- Battery type: Lithium-ion 72Wh
- USB output: 5V/2.1A
- Digital input: Bluetooth / USB-9dBFS
- Battery charge time: <3.5 hrs
- Battery playtime: < 18 hrs
- Product Dimension (W x H x D): 325.6 x 687.7 x 367.8mm
- Packaging Dimension (W x H x D): 792 x 430 x 388mm
- Net weight: 17.42kg / 38.4 lbs
- Gross weight: 19.1kg / 42.11 lbs
What to do when your JBL Partybox 310 won’t turn on
One issue that you might encounter with your Partybox 310 Bluetooth speaker is when it fails to turn on. This can be an annoying issue especially if you want to use it to listen to your favorite music. Here are the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix the problem.
Method 1: Perform a factory reset on JBL Partybox 310
The first troubleshooting step you will need to do is a factory reset or hard reset. This procedure will delete any data on this Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. This is a useful troubleshooting step to do when you are experiencing problems with the device such as when you can’t turn it on.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Reset the speaker
- Press and hold the Volume up button and Play button.
Do this for around 10 seconds.
- Turn on the device.
You can do this by pressing on the power button. The device should now be in pairing mode.
Method 2: Charge the speaker to fix not turning on issue
The speaker will not turn on if its battery is drained. To fix this problem all you need to do is to charge the speaker with its charger.
- Insert the charging cord into the charging port of the speaker.
- Connect the wall charger to a power outlet.
Leave this charging for at least 3.5 hours then check if you can turn it on.
Method 3: Faulty battery
There’s a possibility that this problem is caused by a defective battery. Replacing the battery will fix this however it is recommended that you have this done at a service center.
Some of the causes why a battery will fail is if it is constantly being overcharged or when it is always being exposed to heat. These factors will rapidly degrade the battery performance.
Method 4: Faulty circuit board
Even if this speaker has an IPX4 splash proof rating there are instances when water can get in and damage its internal circuit . When this happens then you won’t be able to turn on the speaker. If this is what’s causing the problem then need to have this fixed at a service center.
Having the JBL Partybox 310 not turning on issue can be a frustrating experience. Hopefully, this solution will help you fix the problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.