The #Samsung #Galaxy #Note9 is the latest model in the Note series of devices available in the market today. It uses a large 6.4 inch Super AMOLED display which works with touch input as well as with a stylus. Under the hood is a Snapdragon 845 processor which when combined with 8 GB of RAM allows the device to run any app smoothly. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle how to backup data from a Galaxy Note 9 with a screen that does not work.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Backup Data From A Samsung Galaxy Note 9 With A Screen That Does Not Work
Problem: Cell Phone: Samsung Note 9
– Two months ago, I dropped the phone, and the screen went black.
– I had the screen replaced, and phone worked well after the replacement.
– Two weeks ago, I noticed that while using the phone in camera mode, and while looking through the ”viewfinder” of the phone’s camera, that the image would ”zig” or ”sizzle” for about 3 seconds …as if an electric charge had hit it …. this occurred twice in one day…..but then I didn’t have any trouble with it, other than the zig thing that one day, until now.
– My phone was working just fine when I went to bed, then I found a black screen when I woke up.
– While trying to reboot/reset the phone, I’ve seen both the blue LED light, and the green LED light come on, but not at the same time.
– My phone will ring when I call my number. I can hear it receiving email and texts but the screen is still black.
– Thus I think the screen is the problem [I used a third party to replace the screen initially, and they will not stand behind the screen replacement …. my mistake].
– I want to backup the data files from an art program [ArtFlow… png and jpeg files] and any other data files that I can, then send the phone back to be replaced via my phone’s warranty.
– I’m trying to find a software program that will allow me to backup my data files without having a functioning touch screen [the phone seems to work well, except for the screen.]
– I’ve researched but can not determine whether or not there is a software program that will work to backup the data from a Samsung Note 9 with a non-working touch screen but otherwise intact phone.
If you know of a software program that can accomplish this, or any other way to backup my data without a functioning touch screen, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you.
Solution: Right now there is no effective method to backup your phone data while the screen of the phone is not functioning as copying the device data will require your permission which can only be done by tapping on the screen. You can however check if using Smart Switch will allow you to backup your phone data.
- On the computer, visit www.samsung.com/smartswitch to download Smart Switch PC version.
- On the computer, launch Smart Switch.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 9 to your computer using a USB cable.
- You will then see, your phone showing a Smart Switch screen.
- On your computer in the Smart Switch, click on the small “Setting gear icon” and then click on “Preference”.
- Select the backup folder location, in the preference.
- Click on “Backup Item” tab and then select the file types that you want to backup. It is suggested that you must select all file types.
- After selecting all the file types, click on “Ok” button and then go back to Smart Switch home screen.
- Click on Backup button and allow the Smart Switch to backup your phone data to computer.
In case the above steps does not work then you will need to have the display issue fixed first before you will be able to backup your phone data.