Skype is an application that allows video conferencing that was first released in 2003. It is considered to be one of the top video conferencing application to date. The main feature of Skype is allowing people to communicate with families, friends, colleagues and business partners through video and voice chat and text messages and allows you to call them anytime you like.
It is not only available to download on your computer, you can also download Skype on your mobile phone as well. You can download Skype for your Windows PC on their official website, and for mobile you can download it from Play Store or App store. Or you can download to both, whichever means you find easier and more convenient for you.
Create a Skype Account
If you are new to Skype, the very first thing you need to do to be able to use the features of Skype is to create or register an account. To do that, you need to have a valid email address that is used to verify the email that you used to sign up in creating your skype. After you enter valid email address on sign up, you have to login to your email and click on the mail from skype. Follow the steps on how to verify. Having a skype means that you have a Skype live ID. It is your unique Skype name, or in other words your Skype Name and is used to search you or get in touch with you.
Can you communicate with people not on your Skype contact list?
The obvious answer to that is Yes. Skype allows Skype users to communicate with other users even if they are not on their Skype contacts . To be able to communicate using Skype, you can simply search for the person s name then start a conversation with them or hit the call button even if that someone is not on your contact lists. However, it is much better to add contacts to your Skype so that it would be easier to get in touch. You don’t need to search every once in a while if you need to contact a person on your contact list.
Another way to add a contact on Skype is by Inviting them to skype. You can do that by sending them your Invite code via SMS, email and chat.
How To Add a Contact On Skype
Adding a contact on your Skype is an easy process, but make sure you know the basic information of that particular person that you want to add. Basic information such as the person’s real name email address or most importantly the person’s right Skype username. The easier way to search a contact and add people is by using the email or the Skype name.
In here, we will show you how to add your friends and contact on Skype for both the Desktop and Mobile app.
Add Skype contacts using Desktop on Windows PC:
- Open Skype App.
Provided that you have already downloaded the Skype. It is usually located on your desktop or task bar.
- Login to your Account.
Login to your Account if you have not logged in already.
- Click to select Contacts tab
At Skype window, click to select Contacts tab, it is located at the top left hand corner. This will open the Contacts page that is sorted Alphabetically.
- Click to select on the New Contact tab.
At contacts page, Click to select on the New Contact tab. A new window opens, in here you will find the Find People search bar.
- Enter the Skype name, phone number, email address or the full name
Type to enter the Skype name, phone number, email address or the full name of the people you want to add on Skype.
- Find the contact you want to add from the list
A list of contacts will appear. There are instances wherein there could be 1 or more contacts that appears on the search skype result which has the same name as the one you searched. Find the contact you want to add from the list, not only by name but making sure the profile picture, and address shown is correct.
- Click to select on the Add button
Click to select on the Add button to add to contacts. Skype will send the request.
- Skype name will appear on your “My Contacts list”
Once the user accept your invitation request, that person's skype name will appear on your “My Contacts list” on Skype directory. You can now call or chat your new contact.
Add Skype contacts using Mobile App:
- Open Skype on your Android or iPhone device.
- Login to your Account if you have not logged in already.
- At the Skype window, tap on the Contacts button located at the bottom of the screen. This will open the Contacts page that are sorted our Alphabetically.
- Tap the Add Contact button, an icon that looks like a persons’ head and shoulders that has a plus sign located at the upper-right corner.
- Enter the Skype name, phone number, email address or the full name of the contact you want to add on Skype.
- A list of contacts will appear. There are instances wherein there could be 1 or more contacts that appears on the search results which has the same name as the one your searching. Find the person you want to add from the list not only by name not only by name but making sure the profile picture, and address shown is correct.
- Finally, tap on the Add button. Skype will send the request.
- Once the user accept your request, You will find the username of the person in your “My Contacts ” on your Skype contacts directory. You can now call or chat your new contact.