This post will try to help you fix Fortnite IP Ban with ExpressVPN. This fast and secure VPN is our primary choice to get back to Fortnite right away. There can be many reasons for Fortnite Bans. Some bans are permanent while others, like an IP Ban, is temporary. If you’re banned from Fortnite, you must be getting the following error below:
“You were removed from the match due to internet lag, your IP or machine, VPN usage, or for cheating. We recommend not utilizing VPN or proxy services while attempting to play Fortnite.”
Although we focus mainly on how to get you out of a temporary IP Ban, other reasons for a Fortnite Ban may be permanent. Some of the common reasons for a Fortnite ban include the following:
- Account sharing
- Buying V-Bucks from unofficial source
- Internet lag
- Using a VPN or Proxy
- machine or HWID (Hardware ID)
- IP Ban
Serious behaviors in the game like cheating may cause an outright account ban, like what happened to Jarvis Khattri. Not all account bans are permanent so if you have an account ban yourself, we suggest that you talk to Fortnite and get the reason why (assuming you won’t receive any specific reason from them). This article can only help if your issue is a temporary Fortnite IP ban.
At A Glance: Our Favorite VPN Services
Our Top Pick
Reasons for Fortnite IP Ban
Fortnite usually implement an IP Ban for the following reasons:
- Previously tagged banned IP address
- VPN usage
If Fortnite detects that you’re using a previously banned IP address, you may be kicked from the game and your account slapped with a temporary ban. Internet Service Providers changes the Dynamic IP address of their customers from time to time and if you happen to get a previously banned IP address used by another customer, this can result to your account from being prevented from playing temporarily.
In some cases, a Fortnite account may suffer a temporary IP Ban due to excessive reports from other players. Toxicity is something that’s always present in online games so if you’ve been rude to other players in the past, your account may have been reported and one of the lighter penalties is an IP Ban.
One of the common reasons for an IP Ban though is VPN usage. Yes, using a VPN can get you kicked from a game and an IP Ban. But VPN can also get you back in a game in a hearbeat. As long as you change your server location after getting banned for VPN usage, you can always count that a VPN will help. A VPN gives you a new IP address after doing this. This fresh IP can grant you new access to Fortnite servers.
How to Fix Fortnite IP ban with ExpressVPN
One of the best VPNs that you can use to fix Fortnite IP Ban is ExpressVPN. In our experience with ExpressVPN, we always manage to get back to playing Fortnite after refreshing a server. If you want to try it out, you can sign up for it. They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee so if you don’t find it effective, there’s nothing to lose. Below are the steps on how to subscribe and install ExpressVPN. We use a Galaxy Note10 for demonstration purposes but if you have another Android or iOS device, the steps for the setup should be similar.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN by following this link.
- Once you’ve created your ExpressVPN account, open a web browser on your device and tap Sign in. You’ll need your email address and password for this.
- After signing in, tap Set Up ExpressVPN.
- From the Downloads page, you can choose which client you need.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app for Android on your phone or tablet. If you can access Google Play, download the ExpressVPN app from there. If you cannot access Google Play, you can download the APK directly to your Android device by following this link. (ExpressVPN does not recommend downloading their APK from third-party sources.) Keep in mind that downloading APKs from non-official sources can put your data at risk.
- If you downloaded ExpressVPN from the Play Store:
- Tap INSTALL on the Google Play Store page for ExpressVPN.
- Tap ACCEPT, then wait while the app downloads.
- If you downloaded ExpressVPN app as an APK:
- Contact ExpressVPN technical support team for step-by-step process.
- Once the technical team has given you the link to get the APK from, open your web browser and tap the link.
- Tap OK to allow the APK to download. Make sure you have allowed non-Play Store downloads to your device first (Settings > Biometrics and security > Install unknown apps > (choose your browser like Google Chrome).
- Wait for the APK to download.
- After the APK has finished downloading, tap OPEN.
- After opening the APK, you will be asked to approve the installation. Tap INSTALL.
Set up the ExpressVPN app
Once you’ve installed ExpressVPN app on your mobile, the next steps are to properly configure it so you can use it to fix Fortnite IP ban afterwards. Here’s what you should do:
- Open the ExpressVPN app.
- On the ExpressVPN app, enter your ExpressVPN username and password, then tap Sign In.
- You can share crash reports and other anonymous analytics to improve ExpressVPN. Tap OK if you agree to share reports.
- You will be invited to set up your VPN and approve connection requests by ExpressVPN. Tap OK and OK to continue.
- To connect to a VPN server location, tap the On Button. By default, ExpressVPN will suggest the location that provides the optimal experience for you, called Smart Location. If you don’t want the current suggested location, simply tap on the More options icon (three dots) and manually pick your server location. You can connect to any of their 160 server locations.
- Open Fortnite and see if you can now get back into gaming again.