Several players have been experiencing the Don’t Starve screen flickering issue. This is usually caused by a graphics driver problem, either it is outdated or corrupted. It can also be caused by a missing or corrupted game file. To fix this you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps.
Don’t Starve is a wilderness survival game that was first released in 2013. In this game you play as Wilson, a scientist who is trapped in a wilderness world. You will need to exploit this new environment in order to survive and find a way back home.
Solved: Don’t Starve screen flickers when playing the game
One of the problems that you might encounter when playing this game is when the screen will flicker. Here’s what you need to do to fix this.
- Restart the computer.
- Disable any game mods as this might be causing the problem.
- Turn off any third-party graphics software such as ASUS Tweak, Rivatuner or MSI Afterburner, that are running in the background.
Method 1: Verify the game files to fix screen flickering of don’t Starve
There’s a possibility that this problem is caused by missing or corrupted game files. Here’s what you need to do if this is what’s causing the problem.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Verifying the game files
- Open the Steam launcher.
You can do this by clicking on it from the Start menu list of applications.
- Click the Library tab.
This is the second tab on top of the Steam launcher.
- Search for Don’t Starve.
This can be found on the left pane.
- Right click the game then click Properties.
This will open the properties window.
- Click the Local Files tab.
This is the third tab on top of the properties window.
- Click the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
This will find and fix any missing or corrupted game files.
Wait for the process to finish then try running the game.
Method 2: Update the PC graphics driver
There’s a possibility that this issue is caused by an outdated graphics driver. You need to make sure your computer has the latest driver installed. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card then here’s what you need to do.
- Right click on the NVIDIA settings icon.
- Click on NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Click Check for updates.
If you don’t see the GeForce Experience then you should download it first from here https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/.
You can also update your graphics card driver from the device manager.
- Right click the Start button.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click the forward arrow before Display Adapters.
- Right click the display adapter then click Update driver.
- Click search automatically for drivers.
After performing the steps listed above you will successfully fix the Don’t Starve screen flickering problem.
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos.