Are you experiencing issues charging your Bose SoundLink Revolve II? There are several factors that can cause this issue ranging from a software glitch, bad charging port, defective charging cable, or a faulty charger. To fix this, you will need to perform several troubleshooting steps.
The Bose SoundLink Revolve II is one of the latest portable Bluetooth speaker models designed for high-quality sound on the go. This cylindrical speaker comes with a 360-degree sound technology which allows you to enjoy clear and powerful audio in any direction. The SoundLink Revolve II is also designed to be durable and water-resistant, making it a great option for outdoor adventures or trips to the beach
How to Get Your Bose SoundLink Revolve II Charging Again
One of the issues that you might experience with your Bose Bluetooth speaker is when you can’t charge its lithium ion batteries. This can be an annoying experience especially if the lithium ion battery life is already low.
Here’s what you need to do to fix the charging issues on your Bose speaker.
Solution 1: Check the Bose speaker charging port, USB charging cable, and charger
Your Bose speaker uses a micro USB port to get power into the device. You need to make sure that this USB port is clean and free from any dirt or debris inside. You can clean the charging port using a thin object such as a toothpick.
You should also check the micro USB charging cable you are using for any signs of defect. If necessary, replace this with a different USB cable.
Make sure that the USB charger you use is working. You should also make sure the USB charger meets the recommended power requirement of 1.5A output so that the lithium ion batteries charge faster.
Solution 2: Check if the connected power outlet is working
If you are plugging the USB charger to a faulty wall power outlet then you won’t be able to charge the lithium ion battery of the Bluetooth speaker. You should try plugging the charger to a different power outlet then check if the charging issue is fixed.
Solution 3: Charge your Bose SoundLink II speaker properly
Here’s the correct way of charging your Bose speaker properly.
- Connect one end of a micro USB cable to the DC IN 5V micro USB port on the speaker and the other end to a USB AC adaptor (commercially available), and then connect the USB AC adaptor to a power outlet.
- Make sure that the USB cable is firmly connected to the speaker and the USB charger.
- The battery charging completes in 4 hours when using a charger with a power output of 1.5A.
Solution 4: Update your Bose SoundLink II software
One of the reasons why can’t charge your Bose speaker is because of a bug in it current software version. Try updating the software of the speaker then check if this fixes the problem.
How to update Bose SoundLink II software
- Connect the speaker to a computer. Use the micro USB cable that came with the speaker to connect it to a computer.
- Check for updates: Visit the Bose website and go to the Support section. Look for the SoundLink Revolve II and select the “Software Update” option. Follow the instructions to check for available updates.
- Download the update: If an update is available, follow the instructions to download and install it on your speaker.
- Disconnect the speaker: After the update is complete, disconnect the speaker from the computer.
Solution 5: Factory reset your Bose SoundLink II speaker
If you keep on experiencing charging issues on your Bose speaker then you should consider doing a factory reset or hard reset. This brings back the speaker to its default factory settings.
Factory resetting the Bose SoundLink II will erase all stored data, settings, and paired devices. Before resetting the speaker, make sure to backup any important data or files stored on it.
Restore the factory settings of your speaker
- Power on your speaker.
- Press and hold the Power icon button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language.
Solution 6: Bring your Bose SoundLink II speaker to a service center
There are instances when your speaker will not charge because of a hardware issue. This can be due to a faulty USB charging port or circuit board for example. If this is the case then the best support right now is to bring the device to the nearest service center. If the speaker is still under warranty then this might be replaced with a new one or repaired for free.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I connect the Bose SoundLink Revolve II to a computer?
Yes, you can connect the Bose SoundLink Revolve II to a computer using Bluetooth or a 3.5mm audio cable.
- Is the Bose SoundLink Revolve II waterproof?
No, the Bose SoundLink Revolve II is water-resistant, but not waterproof. It can handle splashes and rain, but should not be fully immersed in water.
- Can I use the Bose SoundLink Revolve II as a speakerphone?
Yes, the Bose SoundLink Revolve II has a built-in microphone, allowing you to use it as a speakerphone for taking hands-free calls.
- Can two SoundLink Revolve II speakers be wirelessly linked together in Party Mode?
Yes. The SoundLink Revolve II and Revolve+ II have a Party Mode feature.
Turn on both speakers you want to play
Connect one of the two speakers to your Bluetooth device
On the speaker connected to your device, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons until you hear a voice prompt
On the second speaker, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume – buttons until you hear a tone.
After about 10 seconds, a voice prompt announces “Party mode” from both speakers.
- How do I turn off the Bose SoundLink Revolve II?
To turn off the Bose SoundLink Revolve II, simply press and hold the power button until the light turns off.