There are a number of ways to unlock your LG G7 ThinQ. If you’re planning on using Fingerprint Unlock, you must first ensure that the device is set up properly before adding your fingerprint. This post will show you the steps on how to prepare the device to accept your fingerprints.
Steps on how to set up Fingerprint Recognition on LG G7 ThinQ
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Lock screen & security.
- Tap Fingerprints.
- Tap Add fingerprint.If presented, follow on-screen prompts to unlock device. Select a lock screen option (e.g., pattern, PIN, password) then follow the steps to complete the process.
- Place your finger on the Home button (on the back of the device), lift it slightly then place a different part of your finger on the Home button. Repeat this process as necessary until the ‘Fingerprint added’ screen appears.
- Tap OK (lower-right).
- Tap the Screen lock switch to turn on Switch On or off.
- Tap the Content lock switch to turn on or off. When on, follow the onscreen instructions to set up an additional lock option (e.g., PIN, pattern, etc.).
- That’s it!
Once you’re done with the steps above, your device should be ready to register more fingerprints. You can add up to four different fingerprints.