Although using fingerprint to secure your device has been with us for a few years now, many people are still wondering how to prepare their device on how to go about it. In this short tutorial, we show you the steps on how to set up Fingerprint Recognition or Fingerprint Reader. After doing the steps below, your Galaxy Note9 should be ready to register your fingerprints.
Steps to set up Galaxy Note9 Fingerprint Recognition
- Tap Apps icon to access your apps.
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Biometrics and security.
- From the Biometrics section, tap Fingerprint Scanner.
- Note If presented, enter the current PIN, password, or pattern.
- If presented, tap CONTINUE and select a lock screen option (e.g., Pattern, PIN, Password) then follow the steps to complete the process.
- Swipe your fingertip down over the fingerprint sensor (back of device). Repeat this step as necessary until the process is complete.For greater accuracy, finger placement should vary slightly each time.
- Tap DONE (lower-right).
- If presented, tap the Notifications switch (upper-right) to turn on or off Switch off
- Tap DONE.
- When on, configure any of the following:
- Hide content
- Notification icons only
- Transparency (Slide the blue bar left or right to adjust the level while viewing the preview at the top.)
- Auto-reverse text color
- If presented, tap TURN ON.