Learning how to hard reset on the Galaxy J5 can be an advantage if faced with software problems. Below are the steps that you should do if you decide to return the phone to its defaults.
How to hard reset on Samsung Galaxy J5
There are two ways to factory reset or hard reset your Galaxy J5. The first one can be done easily via Settings menu. This should be the first option that you should consider if you have no trouble going to Settings menu. However, if your phone hardly responds, or if Settings has become inaccessible, you can still hard reset your J5 by using a combination of hardware buttons.
How to hard reset on Samsung Galaxy J5 via Settings Menu
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- If desired, tap Back up my data to move the slider to ON or OFF.
- If desired, tap Restore to move the slider to ON or OFF.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset device.
- If you have screen lock turned on, enter your PIN or password.
- Tap Continue.
- Tap Delete all.
This is how you do the reset using the hardware buttons
- Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you’ll never be able to boot to Recovery Mode. If you are not able to shut the device off regularly via the Power button, wait until the phone’s battery is drained. Then, charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting to Recovery Mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset.’
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.