The #Samsung #Galaxy #S8 is a flagship phone released last year which has a great build quality as well as an excellent set of features. This device uses a polished Aluminum frame that is sandwiched between Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and back. It sports a 5.8 inch Super AMOLED display while under the hood is a powerful Snapdragon 835 processor with 4 GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing phone there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S8 not turning on unless connected to charger issue.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S8 Not Turning On Unless Connected To Charger
Problem: S8 won’t stay on without charger connected to the phone. Issue started about two weeks ago it would shutdown on it’s own and start up on it’s own than I would have to restart it myself and now the phone won’t stay on without charger plugged in 24/7 . Battery shows 100% if it shuts off when I get it back up the battery might show 20% , 60% etc. I have done network , master , reset settings nothing has helped now it won’t stay up without charger plugged in.
Solution: It’s very likely that this is already a hardware related problem possibly caused by a faulty battery or power IC. He best troubleshooting step that you can do right now is to check if this is caused by a software glitch by doing a factory reset. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing the reset.
- Turn off the phone
- Hold the Volume up, Bixby, and Power buttons at the same time, and keep them held down until you see the Samsung logo.
- After 30 seconds, the Android Recovery Menu should appear. If your phone boots up as normal, try repeating the previous two steps.
- Press the Volume down button four times, until Wipe data/Factory reset is highlighted. Select it using the Power button.
- Press the Volume down button seven times until Yes — delete all user data is highlighted. Select it using the Power button, which triggers the reset process.
- Once the factory reset is complete, press the Power button and select reboot system now.
If after the reset the problem still occurs then I suggest that you have the phone checked at a service center.