There are times when all you want to do is just to sit back, relax and watch a movie on your television but unfortunately your Hisense TV is not turning on. It can be a frustrating experience since all you ever want is to be entertained. Although this is not a cause to panic since there are possible solutions that you can do to fix Hisense tv not turning on issue that will be discussed in today’s troubleshooting guide.
Fix Hisense Tv Not Turning On
There are several reasons why Hisense tv not turning on occurs ranging from power cord not plugged in, faulty fuse, issues with power outage, remote control problems and the Tv’s hardware and software issues. Try the following solutions listed below to fix Hisense tv not turning on.
Power Cycle Hisense TV
The very first thing that you need to when your Hisense TV won’t turn on is to power cycle. Power cycling simply means turning the TV off, and then turning it back ON after a few minutes.
Here’s how to power cycle TV:
- Make sure TV is completely turned off. Unplug the power cord of TV from power outlet.
- Wait for at least 1-2 minutes.
- Plug the power cord of TV to power outlet.
Turn on Hisense TV and check if the TV will now turn on.
Check TVs HDMI port and Cable
There’s a possibility that you might think the Hisense TV is not turning on but sometimes this isn’t the case. HDMI ports and cable can also cause this problem if it not transmitting data to the TV because of either issue with HDMI port or issues with the cable.
Follow the steps below to fix this:
- Remove electronic devices or connected devices from the HDMI port. While doing this, make sure the TV is still plugged in the power source.
- Plug the HDMI cable from the connected device to the HDMI port.
Check if the problem is fixed, if not do another alternative:
- Remove the HDMI cable connected a device from the HDMI port.
- Plug HDMI cable to another HDMI port. (Some Hisense TV models have more than one HDMI ports).
- Use another HDMI cable if needed.
Check for loose connections
Next is to check the power outlet. Make sure that the tv is properly connected to the power outlet. Although unlikely to happen, but can possible, that there is loose connection between the power cable and wall outlet therefore it is not plugged in securely.
A loose connection can sometimes turn the TV on and OFF frequently. To fix this, unplug the power cable to the power outlet and then plug it back in. Make sure to properly and securely plug the power cable to the power outlet.
Make Sure TV is turned on
Another unlikely scenario to happen, but it is possible that is why it is included in our list of possible causes and solutions.
Even after plugging the power cable securely to the power outlet and Hisense tv is still not turning on, perhaps the wall outlet is having a problem. You may need to contact your local electrician to check the wirings and outlet. Or you can plug it into another outlet to confirm.
A defective outlet can lead to insufficient power supply to the appliance, hence the appliance will not turn on.
To check if the power outlet is faulty or the culprit, try the following checks below:
- Unplugged TV from wall outlet.
- Plug Hisense TV to another power outlet or wall outlet
- Remove other extensions and surge devices. Plug a perfectly working device to the wall outlet the TV was previously plugged into.
- Plug Hisense TV again.
- Turn on Hisense TV and then check if the power indicator turns into red light
Check for faulty power cord
Another possible reason if Hisense tv won’t turn ON is because of a damaged or faulty power cord. A faulty power cord will not be able to receive sufficient power supply needed to turn on the TV.
Here’s how to check for a faulty power cord:
- Check the power cable for cuts, or signs of short circuit.
- Use another power cord compatible with Hisense tv models.
- Check whether a red light appears
If after checking and faulty cable is ruled out, you may need to replace it with a new power cord. Also, it might also be caused by the TV’s motherboard or its hardware.
Check for correct Input Source
When an input source is not selected, most Hisense tv models enters into the standby mode especially if you are using a streaming device such as Roku or Firestick and the device fails to connect to the TV.
To fix this:
- Power ON television. Check whether a light can be seen.
- Check the input ports located at the back of the TV.
- Using Hisense TV remote, select Input Source where the streaming device or streaming box is connected to.
Make sure the connected devices use the correct input source.
Check the TV remote
Using a TV remote allows users to conveniently manage and control away from the TV. But there are also instances when the TV won’t turn using the remote control simply because you are using a faulty remote. If pressing the power button on the remote control and there is no response, check the power button on the TV if you see a blinking red light. If there is, this means that the TV is ON and power is received from wall plug.
If you see a blinking red light in front of the tv, this means that there is a problem with your remote control and not on the TV. Use another remote control (when available) to also confirm the faulty remote control.
You do the following check and fixes:
- reposition remote and remove objects that can block transmission of controls to the TV from the remote.
- Use the remote to another Hisense tv, if the remote control works on another TV. Then the previous TV probably is having problem. If after using it on another Hisense tv and will still not work on the new tv, you are using a faulty remote or perhaps the remote is not working because the batteries need to be replaced.
Fixing the remote can be done by:
- Removing the batteries from the remote.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes. This allows remote buttons to reset.
- Put batteries back to the remote.
- Try turning on the TV using the remote and then check if the problem still occurs.
You can also replace the battery with a new one coz perhaps the batteries are already depleted that is why the TV no longer responds to the remote and will not turn on.
Clean the Remote control
If after changing the batteries of the remote and resetting the remote but still Hisense TV won’t turn on, it may be caused but dust or dirt that may have lodged inside the remote and you are unable to press the buttons on the remote.
Clean the remote by simply following the steps below:
- Remove the batteries from the remote control
- Remove the screws of the remote using a screwdriver.
- Open the remote control
- Carefully wipe the dirt inside or blow the dust,
- After cleaning, place back the screws to close the remote.
- Put the batteries back.
After cleaning the remote control, plug Hisense TV to a power source. When TV is on standby mode (red light is shown), press the power button on the remote control to turn the TV on.
Check for Defective Backlight
If the backlight of your Hisense TV is defective, the TV can still turn ON but the screen will not show any picture or image. You might think that the TV is not turning ON because you cannot see anything on the screen, but actually it is turn (presence of a flashing red light.
Here’s how to check if Hisense TV backlight is defective:
- Make sure TV is plugged to power source
- Press the power button of TV.
- Using a flashlight, point it directly to the screen of the TV. Result: if there is a reflection of the flashlight and even you can see yourself on the screen, it means the backlight is working and not defective, however if there are dull images seen on the screen, you are having a defective backlight.
A defective backlight does not mean your Hisense TV is defective too but only the backlight of your TV.
To fix a defective backlight circuit, you may need to replace the LED backlight strips compatible with the Hisense TV model you have. Contact a professional technician to replace the backlights on your TV.
Check Smart Tv Internet Connection
If the power light on Hisense Smart TV is either flashing red power light or blue light at least 2 to 6 times but the TV won’t turn on, it is probably due to a poor network connection. Try to restart modem or router to refresh the connection between the smart tv and the network.
Factory reset Hisense TV
If all else fails and Hisense TV won’t turn problem still persists, it’s about time to bring the Factory reset your Hisense TV.
Hisense Roku TV and Hisense TVs are usually user friendly but there are times when issues can occur and users will have a hard time troubleshooting the device and fixing it.
If you are experiencing black screen issue or your Hisense TV will not turn on, and above-mentioned solutions did not fix it you may need to remove configuration files of your TV and restore TV to its default settings.
Here’s how reset on Hisense TV (without the remote):
- Locate the reset button located at the back panel of your Hisense TV.
- Press and hold power button for 15 seconds. This will reset the TV. A hole with a Reset labelled can also be found in other Hisense TV models. You can use a PIN or a tiny sharp object that would fit right into the hole to press it for 30 seconds.
Another alternative keys to reset is by pressing the Input button and the Volume down button and hold it for 30 seconds.
If your Hisense TV is not turning on, it can be due to several reasons such as issues with the remote, poor internet connection (Hisense Smart TV), faulty power cord and power adapter and wall outlet, issues HDMI ports where streaming devices (Hisense Roku tv) are usually connected or probably due to software and hardware issue of the device. Lucky for you, the solutions mentioned above have been proven as claimed by users to have fix not turning on Hisense TV. But if the solutions did not fix the problem with your TV, its best to contact Hisense support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it worth buying a Hisense TV?
Although a Hisense TV might not be a high-end television, it is still worth buying because of he audio and image quality this television has to offer for a low price. Although, it still depends on the users according to one's preferences especially in terms of features you are looking for in a TV.
Why Hisense Roku TV will not turn on but red light flashes is seen?
If you see a steady light on your TV, this means the TV is just on standby mode and ready for use. However, a blinking red light could mean another thing and that is problems with the power supply.
Can I reset Hisense Roku TV?
Recent models of Hisense TV's have a reset button located at the back portion of the TV resetting can be done by just pressing the button. However, there are some models (mostly older models) do not have a reset button. Not to worry as there are other ways that you do to reset the TV such as:
pressing power button for a full minute and then unplug and plug TV back.
Press Volume Up and Menu buttons and then press the power button.