By default, emergency alerts are enabled on Google Pixel 7 out of the box. So if there are extreme or severe threats, you might be notified about them through text messages or SMS.
If you’ve changed some things in your phone recently and you are not sure if you’ve disabled the wireless emergency alerts on your phone or not, then take a little time checking your settings.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 4 minutes
The same is true if you don’t want to be disturbed at night considering that emergency alerts are often intrusive so you can hardly miss them.
Here’s what you should do:
- Pull up the App Drawer and tap Settings.
This will bring you to the main settings screen where you can change the values of some features on your phone.
- Find and tap Notifications.
This will bring you to the screen where you can manipulate how your phone receives notifications.
- Scroll down a bit and tap Wireless emergency alerts.
This is where you can find the settings for emergency alerts.
- If you want to receive alerts, make sure that the switch next to Allow alerts is enabled.
It is enabled by default so if you didn’t change any setting in your, it should be able to receive alerts.
- To receive extreme and severe threats emergency alerts, tap the switches next to Extreme threats and Severe threats.
By default, they will be enabled when emergency alerts are enabled on your phone.
- For child abduction emergency bulletins, enable the switch next to AMBER alerts.
It is also enabled by default if emergency alerts are enabled.
- You may also enable the switch next to Test alerts.
Your phone will be able to receive carrier tests and monthly tests from the safety alert system when this feature is enabled.
- If you don’t want to miss any emergency alerts, enable the switch next to Vibration.
Your Pixel 7 will play the alert sound when there are emergencies or calamities in your area and will also vibrate.
- But as to Alert reminder, it all up to you if you want to enable it or not.
You may set it to alert you once or every 2 minutes just so you won’t miss the emergency alerts.
- Pixel 7
And that’s pretty much it!
We hope that this guide can help you.
Posts you might like