Here’s the fact, applications crash from time to time regardless of the phone you use but more often than not, such issue is pretty minor that you don’t need any complicated troubleshooting procedures to fix it. We have some readers that own the LG Q6 who have reported that Facebook reportedly started to keep on crashing. Some said that the moment they open the app, they’re greeted by the error message “Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped” while others reported that the app closes by itself after a few seconds.
Both of these symptoms are the common characteristics of an app crash so you don’t have to be surprised about them. This problem could range from a minor app problem to a serious firmware issue but as long as it’s not an issue with the firmware, you can always fix it on your own. That’s the purpose of this post; I will walk you through in troubleshooting your LG Q6 with Facebook app that keeps crashing. If you’re one of the owners of this device and are currently having similar issue, continue reading as this post may help you one way or another.
Before we proceed, if you’re looking for a solution to a problem with your phone, try to browse through our troubleshooting pages to see if we support your device. If your phone is in the list of our supported devices, then go to the troubleshooting page and look for similar problems. Feel free to use our solutions and workarounds. Don’t worry it’s free. But if you still need our help, then fill up our Android issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
How to fix Facebook that keeps crashing on LG Q6
Facebook is a well-developed app and is updated every regularly. It’s almost impossible to say the problem is with the app but then again, things could happen. I experienced not having to use Facebook for an hour or two only to find out that Facebook servers were down in our region. The same thing could happen to you and if that’s the case, you really don’t have to do anything as the problem will be fixed. Now, if the app crashes on your phone, here’s what I suggest you do about it:
- Reboot your phone first – this should be the first thing you should do because there’s always a chance that the crash is due to a minor glitch in the app, firmware or even the hardware. So, take time rebooting your LG Q6 and open facebook after that. If the problem is still happening, move on to the next step.
- Reset Facebook app – a reset means to clear the app’s cache and data. This will bring it back to its default settings or configuration and all possible corrupt caches and data files will be replaced with new ones. If the problem is with the app only, then this method is more than enough to fix the problem.
- Update Facebook – I cannot guarantee that there’s any available update for the app but try to open Play Store and go to your apps to find out. If there is an update, then download and update the app.
- Wipe cache partition – you have to do this especially if the app started to crash after a firmware update. There’s a chance that some system caches got corrupted or became obsolete.
- Reset your phone – if all else fails, you have no other choice but to reset your phone. This will bring the device back to its factory settings but will also delete all your files and data stored in the phone’s internal storage. So, make sure you backup your important files prior to the reset. I am certain a reset will fix any app-related issues.
I hope that this troubleshooting guide can help you one way or another. If you have other concerns you want to share with us, feel free to contact us or leave a comment below.
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.
Posts you may also like to check out:
- How to boot your LG G6 in Safe mode, wipe cache partition, factory and master reset [Tutorials]
- How to fix your LG G6 that won’t turn on [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix your LG G6 with screen flickering issue [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to unfreeze your frozen LG Q6 that no longer responds (easy fix)
- How to fix your LG Q6 that won’t turn on (easy steps)