Verizon customers can rejoice at last. As some of the more recent rumors suggested, Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S III smartphones are indeed scheduled to arrive on July 10, the Verizon press release has stated.
Unlike with AT&T, Verizon’s customers have the choice of both the 16 GB model and the 32 GB model. As for the pricing, The 16 GB model will be available for $199.99 with a new two year contract and the 32 GB model will be available for $249.99, also with the new two year contract.
The press release also states that customers will have the choice of two colors, Marble White and Pebble Blue
Another major U.S. wireless carrier, AT&T is also scheduled to get Samsung galaxy S III on July 6. The other U.S. wireless carriers that are getting the Galaxy S III smartphones are Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and C Spire.
Samsung’s Galaxy S III is the company’s flagship smartphone and it is expected that more than 10 million Galaxy S III s will be sold in the first month alone.
[Update: Some customers who pre-ordered the device have received shipment notifications with the dates July 5 and July 6. So, it seems due to the high demand, Verizon might actually start shipping S III s early]
As a refresher, here is a list of some of the features that you get with the high-end, 4.8 inch screen phone:
- Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Mobile Hotspot – Share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 2 GB RAM
- Share Shot – Create a temporary photo sharing network with a group of friends who are nearby at the same party or event; photos can be taken by any member of the group and shared with the entire group
- S Beam – Share pictures, videos, documents and more by simply touching two Galaxy S III devices’ backs together
- S Voice™ – Featuring natural language recognition, you can control the apps and services used most with words instead of touch
- Pop Up Play – Videos can be played in a small window while customers use the rest of the display to complete other tasks such as typing emails, organizing calendars and updating their social networks
- Evolved camera capabilities – Burst Shot mode instantly captures 20 continuous shots and Best Photo feature selects the best shot to display
- Enhanced camera – 8-megapixel rear camera with zero-lag shutter speed and a 1.9-megapixel front camera so customers can capture pictures and videos of themselves or video chat with family and friends
- microSD™ card slot for expandable memory”