The #Samsung #Galaxy #S9 is one of the best flagship Android smartphone model that you can get right now. The phone sports a beautiful 5.8 inch Super AMOLED display allowing it to reproduce brilliant photos and videos. It also uses the latest Snapdragon 845 or Exynos 9810 processor combined with 4GB of RAM allowing it to run multiple apps with ease. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Galaxy S9 Skype app crashes issue and other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S9 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S9 Skype App Crashes
Problem: Skype crashes each time I try to open it on my brand new Galaxy S9. I have tried to reset the app, sort reset the phone and uninstall/reinstall the app with no luck. I see several others complaining of the same behavior on the Skype forum.
Solution: This appears to be an issue caused by the version of the Skype app available at the Google Play Store. Aside from waiting for an updated app to be released by Microsoft which should fix the problem you can uninstall Skype from your phone then download the version found at the Galaxy App Store. This is an older version of Skype which should not have any issues running in your phone. Once downloaded you should run the app. You will get a prompt stating that you are running an older version of the app and that a new version is available. Click on the ok button to update the app. You should now be able to use Skype without it crashing.
S9 Not Pairing With Gear S3 After Software Update
Problem: After updating my S9 My Samsung Gear no longer connect to my gear s3. Install samsung gear thru the Galaxy app is always fail. With fail code and telling me to install later. But I can install with the app store. And the samsung gear can not pair other s3. Please help. My s3 is no longer connect to my phone now…
Solution: What you should do first right now is to remove the Bluetooth connection between your phone and the Gear S3. You can do this by going to your phone Settings then Bluetooth. Once the connection has been removed you should pair both devices again by following the steps listed below.
- Turn on your Gear S3 by pressing and holding the Home key until the screen turns on
- On your phone access the Samsung Gear app
- Tap on Connect to Gear
- Tap on PAIR to confirm the Bluetooth pairing request.
- On your Gear S3, confirm the passkey matches the one on your mobile device. Touch the check mark to confirm.
- There might be a prompt requiring you to install additional apps to improve your user experience. Touch CANCEL to skip this step, or touch OK to download an app.
- Tap INSTALL.
- Review the End User License Agreement, and mark the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions. Mark the Agree to all checkbox to agree to the additional terms. Tap NEXT.
- Tap SIGN IN to create or sign into your Samsung account.
- Enter your ID and Password information, and then touch Sign in.
- Touch OK to turn off battery optimization for the Samsung Gear app. Touch SKIP to leave battery optimization turned on for the app
- Review the notification access information and touch TURN ON.
- Mark the checkbox next to Samsung Gear.
- Review the Enable Samsung Gear information and touch OK.
- Tap back
- The Samsung Gear app is now ready.
If the issue persists then I suggest that you backup your phone data then do a factory reset. Once the reset is complete proceed with pairing your phone and the Gear S3 device again.
S9 Showing Wrong Location Information
Problem: My mother owns a Samsung Galaxy S9. Her carrier is US Cellular. The problem is her location has switched to about 120 miles away. We live in Newport, TN 37821 USA. It says she is in Savannah, TN USA, the other end of the state. I have tried nearly every thing I have read in order to fix the issue. I and/or she have called Google, USCellular, and Samsung. I am running out of things to try. Thanks
Solution: The first thing you should do in this particular case is to check if an app you downloaded is causing the problem by starting the phone in Safe Mode. If the problem does not occur in this mode then it could be caused by a third party app. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
If the issue still occurs even in Safe Mode then you should try doing a factory reset to eliminate any software related glitches that could be causing the problem. Make sure to backup your phone data before doing the reset.
If the above steps fails to fix the problem then this might be caused by a faulty GPS chip. You will need to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
S9 Automatically Calls Contact
Problem: When in contacts, if I touch the contact (not the little phone icon that initiates dialing), it dials automatically. Thus, there’s no way to edit contacts, etc. Generally, when I want details for a particular contact, I touch the person’s photo or name. That causes the phone to dial.
Solution: There’s a possibility that this issue is caused by a software glitch. Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below to fix this problem.
- Start the phone in Safe Mode then check if the issue occurs in this mode. If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.