Downloading photos from the internet is as old as the internet itself. Now that Facebook has become a household name, it can only be expected that a lot of users want to download photos from it from time to time. If you’re wondering how to do that, you’re in the right place.
Unlike saving Facebook videos, downloading Facebook photos is more direct and much easier to be performed. Below are the two ways that you can use to save Facebook photos straight to your phone.
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
Download Facebook photos directly to your Android phone
This is the easiest way to save a Facebook photo/s to your Android device. Follow the steps below on how to do it.
- Open Facebook app.
- Go to the photo you want to download.
- Tap the photo once.
- Tap More settings at the upper right (three-dot icon).
- Tap Save to phone.
- Open your Gallery app.
- Depending on how your Gallery app is configured and your operating system, you may find the downloaded photo in one of the folders. Some Android devices may automatically create a Facebook album so if your phone does that, check the Facebook album first.
Get a screenshot
Another way to save a photo from your Facebook app is by using your device’s screenshot function. This may work if you’re in a hurry to get a copy of the photo although the quality may not be as faithful to the original since it depends on the capability of your phone to render the screenshot. Still, it’s a very handy option especially if you don’t have time to go to each photo and do the steps above.
To copy a Facebook photo using screenshot:
- Open Facebook app.
- Go to the photo you want to capture.
- Do a screenshot. Steps may vary by phone so refer to your phone’s documentation on how to do it. Alternatively, you can Google the steps on how to do a screenshot for your particular Android device.
- Open your Gallery app and find the screenshot album.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.