The #Samsung #Galaxy #S8 is a former flagship model released last year that not only performs very well but is also a secure phone. At the heart of this device is either a Snapdragon 835 or Exynos 8895 processor ( market dependent) combined with 4GB of RAM. This allows the phone to run several apps at the same time without any noticeable lags.
Consumers who own this phone are using this not only for their personal activities but for business as well. It’s no surprise that this device stores a lot of user information from social media accounts, emails, banking details, and much more. In case the phone gets lost then there’s a possibility that the data can be accessed by anyone. To prevent this from happening it is best to first setup the screen lock of the phone since this is the best line of defense to protect your phone data.
Follow the steps listed below to setup the screen lock of the S8.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Touch Lock screen and security > Screen lock type.
- Select an option and then follow the on-screen prompts to set a screen lock.
You can select the following lock screen options
- Swipe: Swipe the screen to unlock it.
- Pattern: Create a pattern that you draw on the screen to unlock.
- PIN: Select a PIN to unlock the screen.
- Password: Create a password for unlocking the screen.
- None: No screen lock.
- Intelligent Scan: Use face and iris recognition together for better accuracy and security.
- Face: Use facial recognition to unlock.
- Fingerprints: Use fingerprint recognition to unlock the screen.
- Iris: Use iris recognition to unlock the screen.
In case you select the pattern, PIN, or password option and you forget this then there is still a way to access your phone without losing any of your data. Just continue entering the wrong pattern, PIN, or password until the phone will require you to enter the Google account details connected to the device. Just enter the correct email and password combination to access the phone.
You can also access the phone by using the Find My Phone feature. Take note that the phone must be previously registered to your Samsung account.
- Go to the https://findmymobile.samsung.com/ website
- Log in using the Samsung account you created when you first got your hands on your smartphone.
- Once on the dashboard, hit the button entitled Unlock my Device.
- Make sure that the phone is turned on and is connected to the Internet either via Wi-Fi or through an active data connection.
- Click OK to the pop-up that appears on the website.