Software updates are regularly being released by manufacturers to improve the phone models that they have released. The #Samsung #Galaxy #S6 for example has undergone several software updates. Initially running on Android Lollipop when it was released in 2015, the phone is now getting the Marshmallow update. There are however instances when after updating the phone software some issues can occur. This is what we will tackle today as we address the Galaxy S6 stuck in Samsung logo after Marshmallow update & other related problems.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S6 or any other Android device for that matter then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
If you would like to browse the previous parts in this series then check out this link.
S6 Stuck In Samsung Logo After Marshmallow Update
Problem: good day, I have a samsung galaxy s6 and after an ota update, the phone got stuck in bootloader. I’ve already tried factory reset.,and wipe cache but the phone still won’t get past the boot loader. i’ve tried installing stock rom via odin and it’s still stuck at bootloader (samsung galaxy s6 logo) despite odin saying that it’s passed already. I did get to the “installing part” upon finishing, it gets stuck at the samsung logo any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Solution: If the flashing procedure that you did was correct then this could already be a hardware related issue. Try performing the troubleshooting steps listed below and see if the issue gets resolved.
- Connect the phone to its wall charger then try to turn it on. If the phone turns on normally then this could be a power related issue caused by the battery not providing the power to the phone. You will need to have the battery replaced if this is the case.
- Flash the phone with a Lollipop based stock ROM. Check if it will boot.
If the above steps fail then I suggest you bring your phone to an authorized service center and have it checked.
S6 Is Slow After Marshmallow Update
Problem: I’ve recently updated to marshmallow. But since the update my S6 is so slow. Weather I’m browsing using wifi or without. And using my phone in general e.g messing, openings contacts list to make call, email etc. Keeps lagging. Response is so so slow from my phone. Can take up to 10secs to complete an action. Is there anything i can do to make my phone normal again? Thank you.
Solution: Sometimes the phone will experience some slow issues right after the software update. This is usually caused by old software data that has not been completely removed during the update process. Below are the recommended troubleshooting steps that you should do in cases such as this.
- Update your phone apps. When you updated the phone software from Lollipop to Marshmallow some of your apps might be optimized to work on Lollipop. This could cause the slow issue when these Lollipop optimized apps run on the Marshmallow environment.
- Wipe the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode. This will delete the temporary data stored in your device which sometimes can cause the phone to run slow.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
S6 Shuts Off On Its Own After Marshmallow Update
Problem: my phone shut off by itself and battery is fully charged. when I plug it to the charger the battery symbol comes on then goes off and repeats this all day long. when I try the POWER/VOL UP/HOME key at same time the Samsung symbol comes on then goes off and keeps repeating itself. only started doing this from the last update
Solution: It’s possible that this problem is caused by a corrupt data or a glitch that occured right after the software update. Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below to resolve this issue. Move to the next step if the issue remains unresolved.
- With the phone connected to its charger try to access the recovery mode. From here you should wipe the cache partition of the phone. This deletes the temporary data stored in the device that could be causing the problem.
- Go back to recovery mode then do a factory reset. Take note that this will delete your phone data so make sure to have a backup copy before proceeding with this step.
S6 Stuck In Bootloop Can’t Access Recovery Mode
Problem: Hi my mobile won’t turn on. Once I connect the phone to charger or USB cable it is try to boot but keeps bootloop. I tried to boot a phone in recovery mode but it is not possible the recovery mode not working is nothing at all. But it is very strange that I can run the phone in download mode so I did and I installed via odin new 5 files stock ROM with PIT file. It is PASS but again is in bootloop and again can’t get to recovery mode.
Solution: This appears to be a hardware issue already which could be caused by either the battery, power IC, or other internal component of the phone. I suggest you bring the device to an authorized service center and have it checked.
S6 Keeps On Freezing
Problem: It continues to freeze up ALL the time, and it’s not any one particular screen or app it just does it continuously. It acts like it’s thinking and just stuck and I’m talking for like almost a minute sometimes and then swipe it acts like its thinking and just stuck and I’m talking for like almost a minute sometimes and the Swype when you’re charging your phone why and the world do I have to swipe it 3 different times just to get to a lock screen that disappears on me immediately and then I have to do it all over again and again. I absolutely cannot stand that swipe screen while charging there’s like 3 of them on there. Thank you so much I look forward to your response the phone has been nothing but issues cuz I got it back on May 17th 2015.
Solution: If your phone is freezing up you should do the troubleshooting steps listed below. Move to the next step if the issue still occurs.
- Wipe the cache partition of your phone from the recovery mode. This will take out the temporary data in your phone which could cause this problem.
- Start the phone in Safe Mode then check if it freezes. If the issue does not occur then it could be caused by an app you installed in your device. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
- Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
S6 Frequently Switches To Mute
Problem: The phone frequently switches to mute without me activating that selection. At first I thought this was an automatic function when the battery power is low, but this doesn’t seem to be the case. Thank you!
Solution: If you are not accidentally hitting the button to mute the phone then try to check first if a third party app you installed in your device is causing this issue. To do this you need to start the phone in Safe Mode. In this mode only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run while apps you downloaded are disabled. Check if the muting issue occurs in this mode. If it doesn’t happen then an app could be causing the problem. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
If the issue still occurs even in Safe Mode then I suggest you backup your phone data then do a factory reset.
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.