There have been reports from LG users getting an error on their mobile device, an error message that states “LG IMS has stopped”. Not only will the message error popped once, but appears frequently. In here, useful solutions that you can try to fix error message “LG IMS keeps Stopping” on your Lg phones.
|LG||LG V40 ThinQ 64GB GSM Unlocked||Check Price on Amazon|
Fix “LG IMS Keeps Stopping” Error
LG IMS is an application responsible for allowing users to make and receive phone calls, send and receive text message, transfer and receive files over data networks such as 4G LTE network or 5G network. There are times when LG IMS app will experience issues such as getting prompt error message of LG IMS keeps stopping. Listed below are potential fix that you can do to stop error message.
Solution 1: Reboot Phone
Rebooting LG phone fixes issues, in this case getting error message “LG IMS keeps stopping”. Rebooting fixes app related issues on our phone such as glitches and bug.
Reboot is simply turning the phone off and then turning it back ON again. There are times when glitches and bugs can cause issues on your phone. But by simply restarting or rebooting, the device RAM will be flushed and at the same time bug files are cleared too.
To reboot the phone:
- Make sure all running apps in the background are closed.
- Long press Power button of LG Phone.
- Select reboot option then click the switch to turn off device.
After LG phone completely reboots, check if LG IMS error still occurs.
Solution 2: Update LG IMS app
An outdated LG IMS apps can cause issues such as compatibility errors and could also lead to getting error message “LG IMS keeps stopping”. To fix this, you may need to update LG IMS to the latest version.
To do this:
- Open Google Playstore on LG devices
- Click My apps and Games option from the menu
- Locate LG IMS apps from the lists of apps located on the installed tabs.
- Click the Update option. Update process will now commence on your LG phone. Wait for the process to complete.
After update process is complete, check if LG IMS keeps stopping error still occurs.
Solution 3: Update LG phones to the latest software
An outdated LG phone software can also cause compatibility issues and thereby can cause the error message. Updating your phone to the latest software update is important as it help improve the performance of the phone.
To do this:
- Open Settings menu on LG phone.
- Scroll down to show System tab and tap on it.
- Tap Update Center
- Tap Software Update. If there is an available Update, tap Update and wait for the update process to complete.
After downloading and installing the latest software for your LG phone, check if LG IMS app error message still occurs.
Solution 4: Clear App data and system cache
Clearing app cache and system cache is important if you want to free some storage space on your phone. Aside from that, clearing app data and system cache helps fix LG phones with issues such as LG IMS keeps stopping error.
To do this:
- Tap LG IMS app icon
- Tap App Info icon
- Select Clear Data
- Select Clear Cache
Restart LG phone and then check if IMS error message still occurs.
Solution 5: Disable the App
Another possible solution to fix LG IMS keeps stopping error is to disable LG IMS app. Take not that disabling the application, Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE services will be disabled. This means you will not be able to use them temporarily while the application is disabled.
To disable the application on LG Smartphone:
- Dial 277634#*#.
- Select Field test, Modem settings and Toggle VoLTE to on and off.
- Restart LG android phone to complete the process of disabling the application.
Solution 6: Use the Hidden menu to change the IP version
Another way is to change the IP version on your LG devices to check if the IP version you are currently using is what’s causing the error.
To do this:
- Dial 277634#*#
- Select and tap IP version option
- Switch IP version from IPV6V4 to IPV4V6.
Solution 7: Reset IMS service
An LG users shared that resetting IMS service stopped error from appearing. Try this one and see if it will work.
- Make sure LG device is on Airplane mode. Putting phone to airplane mode will prevent the error from appearing frequently.
- Go to Settings app
- Tap Apps and Notifications
- Tap App info option.
- Tao on the 3 dots located at the top right corner of the screen, enabling show system.
- Locate from the list com.lge.ims.rcsprovider and then tap on it.
- Tap the following options in order: Clear cache, Clear storage data and force stop.
Solution 8: Factory reset LG device
If none of the solutions mentioned above help fix the LG IMS keeps stopping error, you may need to reset LG smartphone. Since factory resetting the device to its factory settings, this means all data, apps and other files on your phone will be erased. Make sure to back up your phone before you do factory reset.
When ready, follow the steps below:
- On your LG home screen, tap Settings app
- Scroll down and select About Phone
- Select Factory reset option
- Click Erase All Data to confirm action made. LG device will now start the reset process.
After reset is complete, check if the error is still occur.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How important is the LG IMS app?
The LG IMS app allows users to make and receive calls, send and receive text messages via data networks such as 4G LTE or 5G. Therefore, LG IMS is an important app because it is being used every day.
Can LG IMS be forced stop?
Fortunately, yes. You can force stop LG IMS application by putting the app into airplane mode. This should temporarily stop LG IMS application and at the same time stops the error message from appearing every now and then. An alternative way is to go to LG settings apps, then tap on apps and notification and then tap App info option.
What is the IMS service used for?
The IMS service works by making sure that text messages, multimedia messages and calls are delivered to the recipient via an IP network system.
Can IMS service be removed from my phone?
The application cannot be removed nor it can be deleted using the standard system however there some devices that allows to unload the service. Although it is not advisable because it is a very useful and essential service to be on your phone.
If you are getting LG IMS keeps stopping error message over and over again, not to worry as there are possible solutions that you can do to fix it. Just try the solutions mentioned above and see which solution works for you. Let us know what you think.