Capturing a screenshot is an essential smartphone feature that helps users save and share important moments, app content, messages, or social media posts.
We will explore multiple methods and step-by-step instructions on taking a screenshot of the Samsung Galaxy S23.
Using the Button Combination Method
The most common method to capture a screenshot on the Galaxy S23 is using the button combination. This involves pressing specific buttons simultaneously.
- Navigate to the screen or content you want to capture.
- Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down button at the same time.
- You will see a quick animation indicating the screenshot has been taken.
- The captured screenshot will be saved in your Gallery under the “Screenshots” folder.
Utilizing Palm Swipe Feature
Another native feature in Samsung devices for capturing screenshots is the Palm Swipe gesture.
- First, ensure the Palm Swipe feature is enabled by going to Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures, then toggling on Palm Swipe to Capture.
- Open the screen you wish to screenshot.
- Place your hand vertically on the side of the screen, then swipe across the screen from one side to another.
- The screen will flash, and you’ll hear a shutter sound (if your device isn’t in silent mode), indicating that the screenshot has been taken.
- The captured image can be found in the “Screenshots” folder within the Gallery.
Taking Selective Screenshots with Smart Capture
Smart Capture is another handy feature on Galaxy S23 devices, allowing you to take selective screenshots and edit them instantly.
- Navigate to the content or screen you want to screenshot.
- Use the button combination or palm swipe method to capture a regular screenshot.
- Once captured, a toolbar will appear at the bottom of your screen with various options like Crop, Draw, and Share.
- Tap on Crop to select the desired area of your screenshot.
- Editing options like drawing or adding text are also available. Once finished, tap on Save.
- The edited screenshot will be saved in your Gallery under the “Screenshots” folder.
Capturing Screenshots via Assistant Menu
The Assistant Menu on Samsung Galaxy S23 is an accessibility feature that allows users to perform different tasks through a floating menu icon.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and Dexterity, then enable Assistant Menu.
- A floating circle icon should appear on your screen, indicating the activation of the Assistant Menu.
- To take a screenshot, open the desired content or app and tap the Assistant Menu icon.
- From the options that now appear, select Screenshot.
- The screenshot will be captured and saved in your Gallery’s “Screenshots” folder.
Using Google Assistant for Screenshots
Google Assistant can facilitate capturing screenshots through voice commands on your Galaxy S23.
- Activate your Google Assistant by saying “OK Google” or “Hey Google”. Alternatively, press and hold the home button.
- Once your Google Assistant is listening, say “Take a screenshot.”
- The screenshot will be captured; however, it won’t be automatically saved to your Gallery.
- You’ll need to tap on the “Save to Photos” prompt or share it using the available sharing options.
Taking Screenshots with Third-party Apps
In addition to the built-in options, third-party apps on the Google Play Store allow capturing and editing screenshots.
Popular Samsung Galaxy S23 Compatible Apps for Screenshots:
Download these applications from the Google Play Store and follow their specific instructions for capturing and editing screenshots.