Malwarebytes is one of the popular security software available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS that’s able to scan for and remove malware in your system. Your computer can get malware by opening certain emails or from the various websites on the internet. Once infected, it can then steal your data. Although this is an effective tool there are instances when you will want to uninstall it. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to remove Malwarebytes from Windows 10.
Why uninstall Malwarebytes from Windows 10?
There are various reasons why you will want to delete this security software from your system. One common reason is that the user prefers to use a different security software on the computer. Another common reason is that the software is interfering with other installed applications on the computer.
The best way to remove Malwarebytes from Windows 10
The most highly recommended method of deleting Malwarebytes from the computer is by uninstalling it from the Apps & Features section.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Uninstall Malwarebytes from your computer
- Click on Start.
This is located on the lower right side of the screen.
- Click on Settings.
This is the located on the left side of the menu that appears and looks like a gear.
- Click on Apps.
A list of all the apps installed in your computer will be shown.
- Search for and click on Malwarebytes.
Navigate to the Malwarebytes app and click on it.
- Click on uninstall.
This will remove the security software from your computer.
To make sure that no traces of the security software remains in your computer you should get the Malwarebytes Support Tool. Install this program and run it in your computer.
- Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool from http://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbst.
- Close all open programs in your computer.
- Locate the downloaded file and install it.
- Open the Malwarebytes Support Tool then click Advanced under the Menu Pane.
- Click the Clean button.
- Click the Yes button to proceed. This process may take a few minutes.
- The Support Tool displays a message box asking to reboot the computer. Save all your work and click OK when you are ready to reboot.
- After the reboot, Malwarebytes Support Tool reopens and displays a message asking if you would like to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows. Select No.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.