There can be a number of reasons why you want to learn how to transfer photos to SD card on your Galaxy S7 Edge. This post will show exactly how to do that. This short tutorial won’t recommend any third party app so it can be safely done. Just make sure that the card you’re moving your files to is working properly to avoid losing files. If it’s a new SD card, we suggest that you format it first using your phone to avoid possible file corruption issue.
To format an SD card:
- From home, tap Apps > Settings .
- Tap Device maintenance > Storage.
- Tap More options > Storage settings.
- Tap SD card > Format > Format.
How to move photos to SD card on Galaxy S7 Edge
To begin moving your photos to your SD card:
- Tap Apps icon.
- Tap My Files. If you put all Samsung apps in one folder, open that folder first. Otherwise, look for My Files app and tap it.
- Select Internal Storage.
- Find and tap DCIM folder.
- Tap Camera app.
- Tap and hold the photo you want to transfer to SD card.
- Tap More options at the upper right (three dots).
- Select Move to begin the transfer process.
- Select SD card.
- If you want to move the photo to a new folder, you need to create it first. If a new folder is no longer necessary, simply move the file to an existing folder.
- Tap Done at the upper right.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Twitter pages.