Need to record your phone’s screen using the stock camera application? If that is so, then you can just use the inbuilt screen recording function.
Modern smartphones are now equipped with a number of useful features including the ability to capture video footage of what is happening on the screen. Such a feature is called screen recording. And the Samsung Galaxy A11 also has it.
If you own this device and need some input on how to utilize the inbuilt screen recording feature, we’ve outlined a step by step walkthrough for you to follow. Just keep reading to learn more.
Before you begin…
To ensure the best possible screen recording quality on your Galaxy S21, it’s important to meet the following requirements:
- Updated Software. Make sure your Galaxy S21 is running the latest software update. This will ensure that you have the latest screen recording features and bug fixes.
- Sufficient Storage Space. Screen recordings can take up a lot of storage space, so make sure that you have enough free space on your device before you start recording.
- Good Lighting Conditions. It’s important to record your screen in well-lit conditions to ensure that the video is clear and easy to see. Avoid recording in dimly lit environments as it can lead to poor quality recordings.
- Steady Hand. To avoid shaky videos, try to keep your hand steady while recording your screen. If possible, consider using a tripod or other stabilizing device to keep your device steady.
- Quiet Environment. If you’re recording audio with your screen recording, make sure that you’re in a quiet environment to avoid unwanted background noise. Additionally, try to speak clearly and directly into the device’s microphone to ensure that your audio is clear and easy to hear.
Also be sure to end or clear out any background applications on your device so that none of them would interfere with your screen recording later on.
How to Screen Record on Galaxy A11?
With screen recording enabled, you can use your Samsung smartphone to create a video of various on-screen actions, swipes, taps, and other interactions with the device. Indeed, it is a handy feature for creating tutorials, recording gameplay, or capturing video calls.
The exact method for screen recording can vary depending on the smartphone model and the operating system it uses. On the Galaxy A11, you can record the screen with these steps:
Step 1: First, swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Quick Settings panel of your phone.
The panel contains different shortcut icons and controls.
Step 2: Once you’re in the panel, look for the “Screen recorder” icon.
The screen recorder icon typically looks like a camera with a play button in the middle. If you can’t find it, then you will need to swipe to the left to view more icons including the Screen recorder.
Step 3: To continue, tap the “Screen recorder” icon to start the recording process.
A small menu will appear on the screen. Here, you can choose whether to record audio from the microphone, the device, or both. You can also choose whether to show your touches on the screen during the recording. Just tap on your preferred option to proceed.
Step 4: Once you’ve selected your preferences, tap the “Start” button to begin recording.
The recording will usually start after the three-second countdown timer. By then you can do whatever you want your device to record.
Alternatively, you can immediately start recording by pressing both the Volume Up and Power buttons on your device.
Step 5: To stop the recording, simply swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the “Stop” button.
The screen recording then ends and the video is saved to your device’s gallery.
Creating a Screen Recording Shortcut on Lock Screen
You can also create a screen recording shortcut on the lock screen of your phone. And here’s how it’s done on the Galaxy A11:
Step 1: To begin, swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Quick Settings panel.
Step 2: Next, tap the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner of the Quick Settings panel.
Step 3: Select “Button order” from the menu.
Step 4: Scroll down to find the “Screen recorder” option and hold and drag it to the top of the list.
Step 5: Next, tap and hold the “Screen recorder” icon and drag it to the bottom of the screen where you see “Drag here to use lock screen.”
Step 6: Release the icon, and it will be added to your lock screen.
Once you’ve added the screen recorder shortcut to the lock screen, you can simply swipe right on the lock screen to access the shortcut and start recording your screen. The recording is saved as a video file, which can then be shared or edited as desired.
And that’s all about creating a video file using the Samsung Galaxy A11 screen recording feature.