Steam is known as the largest digital distribution for PC gaming where users can buy, play and communicate with other players. The online platform developed by Valve is compatible to be used for Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Linux and mobile phones such as Android and iOS as well. It is a free to use service that hosts various games from indie to well-known developers which can be downloaded by players on their respective accounts and are then located on the user’s Steam Library. Every game purchased, installed or received will be reflected on the library but you can hide these games if you find it a bit messy in your account. In this post, we will discuss how to hide games in Steam for your reference.
How to Hide Games in Steam Library
Since all downloaded games are being displayed in the Steam library which can be too crowded at times, users have the option to hide games on Steam. In this way you can customize and select which games you prefer to be visible in the Steam library. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Launch the Steam client on your PC.
- Enter your username and password for your Steam account to login.
- When your Steam profile is displayed on the screen, select the Library tab located at the top of the page.
- Select the game you want to hide and right-click on the game.
- Select Manage from the options.
- Choose Hide this game.
After you have completed the steps, the game you have selected will no longer appear in your Steam library. Repeat the steps to hide other games from your library.
How to Restore Hidden Games from the Steam Library
In case in the future you decide to unhide some of the games you have hidden, you can follow these steps on how to make these games visible on your library again.
- Access the Steam client on your PC.
- Sign in to your Steam profile.
- Click View located at the top left of the page.
- Select Hidden Games from the options reflected.
- When all the hidden games are displayed on the page, select the game you want to unhide and right-click the game.
- Choose Manage.
- Select Remove from Hidden. Do these steps with other games you want to be visible again in your library.
How to Delete Games on Steam
Aside from having the option to hide games on Steam, a user can also delete any game in the Steam library. Take note that once you request a game to be deleted, this will permanently remove the application from your Steam account even the ones you have purchased. Once you have decided to remove a certain game, uninstall the application in your computer first and then follow the steps given below.
- Access your Steam account on your PC.
- Click Help found at the top of your screen.
- Select Steam Support.
- Click the game you want to remove.
- Select “I want to permanently remove this game from my account.”
- Take note of the information provided on the screen from Steam Support.
Select “Ok, remove the listed games from my account permanently.” to confirm your request. The game will then be deleted on your account.
OTHER INTERESTING ARTICLES:
- How To Fix PS4 NW-31201-7 Error | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix PS4 NW-31250-1 Error | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix PS4 NW-31456-9 Error | NEW & Updated 2021
- How To Fix PS4 NW-31246-6 Error | NEW & Updated 2021
Visit our TheDroidGuy Youtube Channel for more troubleshooting videos and tutorials.