How To Close App Temporarily and Permanently
Hi, I have a problem that as far as I know, nobody mentioned. It started only quite lately. I enter some application and cannot exit. I hit the Back button and have seemingly closed the application, but after a few seconds, the application opens again and again and again.
The only way I can exit is by restarting the phone.
Have you any clue what seems to cause the problem?
By the way, I have Android Version 4.1.2.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Fact: 90 percent of Android users believe that when using an app and they hit the Home button and go back to the home screen, the app will be closed. Well, that’s not the case. Android system was built for multi-tasking and apps are simply “minimized” or “silenced” to run in the background. For now, only the Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note 2 10.1 can run two apps simultaneously because of the multi-view window feature.
In the case of Avri, the application keeps popping up simply because it is running in the background. He didn’t provide details about the app but it seems like it was programmed to provide updates from time to time that’s why it keeps on popping.
In cases like this if the app isn’t really useful and has installed by accident, we advise users to uninstall it immediately. However, if the user plans to use it in the future, then disabling it will do the job; he just have to enable it back if he’s ready to use it. To uninstall or disable an app in the Galaxy S3, this is what you need to do:
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu button and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to and tap Application Manager.
- Tap on “All” tab to list all apps–running or not.
- Find the app that’s giving your problems and tap on it to open its settings page.
- Now, you can see a few buttons there and among them are Disable and Uninstall. Decide which one you needed to tap and do it.
Well, that’s how you deal with it permanently. If you simply want to disable it temporarily, then this is what you’re going to do
- Press and hold the Home button until the list of running application appears.
- Swipe the application you want to close left or right. That’ll do the job.
Hey Avri, I hope these procedures help.