135MB Memory Free Out of 835MB
I bought my galaxy s3 few months back in India and was suppose to be a RAM of 2GB… when i check last month in my phone by long pressing of menu hard key, it shows 135 free of total 835.
Whats wrong with this…
Whats the actual ram of my samsung galaxy s3…
Please tell me
Hey doc, I am pretty sure sooner you’ll run out of memory and would experience poor performance; I’m saying this based on the amount of memory left in your device is right. The Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300 only has 1GB RAM and only about 800MB can be used by third-party apps and services; the rest is reserved for system services and apps. Instead of going into details of the Galaxy S3 specs, which we already knew, we will show you how to manage RAM usage in your device.
Closing Apps Running in the Background
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Running apps will now be displayed. Swipe each one either to left or right to close them.
- Press Home button to go back to the Home screen.
Each app eats an amount of RAM and the bigger and heavier the app is, the higher the amount of RAM it eats up.
To be honest, new and updated apps seem to eat up a lot of RAM as they go heavier than before. To be able to avoid poor performance issues due to low memory, the Galaxy S3 offers a way to limit the number of processes.
Limit Galaxy S3 Processes
- From the Home screen, press the Menu button and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to and tap on Developer Options.
- Find “Limit background processes” option and tap on it.
- Limit the Galaxy S3 to run about 6 processes at once.
Six processes would be enough to ensure your phone runs at optimum performance.