In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you what to do if your Galaxy Note20 camera stops responding randomly after the Android 11 update and how to prevent it from happening again in the future. Continue reading to learn more about the problem.
Core applications and features should work properly on your Galaxy Note20. However, there seems to be some users who have encountered some camera-related issues. The most common is when the camera just stops working for no apparent reason.
When it comes to camera problems, there’s always a possibility that it’s because of an issue with the sensor and if that’s the case, then you need a technician to check your device. However, if it’s just an issue with the app, then you can fix it on your own. So if you have a problem like this, here are the solutions you can try to fix it.
First solution: Close the camera and do the Forced Restart
The camera app may only need to be reloaded, or your phone’s memory just might need to be refreshed for it to work perfectly again. So that should be the first thing that you should do. Simply close the camera app and then do the forced restart to refresh your device. Here’s how you do that:
- Tap the Recent Apps key.
- Tap Close All to force stop all apps that are still running in the background.
- To force restart your Note 20, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key for 8 seconds. This should shut your phone down and power it back up.
- Once the logo shows on the screen, release both keys and allow the phone to continue the boot process.
After the boot process, open the camera to see if the problem is fixed.
Second solution: Clear the cache and data of the Camera
Another possibility is that there might be some issues with the camera app itself. So if the first solution fails, what you have to do next is to reset the app. A reset means to clear its cache and data files. You don’t have to worry about your pictures and videos as they will not be deleted. Here’s how it’s done:
- Pull up the App drawer and look for the camera app.
- Tap and hold on the icon until the Options menu shows.
- Tap the App info icon.
- Scroll down and tap Storage.
- Tap Clear cache.
- Tap Clear data, and then tap OK to confirm.
After the camera reset, open it again to see if the problem still occurs.
Third solution: Run your phone in Safe mode
As you know, there are already a lot of apps that use your phone’s camera. One of them might be the reason why the camera stops responding randomly on your Galaxy Note20. You need to rule out such a possibility, and to do that, you have to run your phone in Safe mode to temporarily disable all third-party apps and services. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power key for a couple of seconds, or until the Power options show.
- Tap and hold on the Power off option until it turns into Safe mode.
- Now touch Safe mode to reboot your phone.
Once your Note20 enters Safe mode, open the camera to see if the problem is fixed, because if so, then you have to find the app that’s causing it to run slowly and reinstall it. However, if it still crashes even in this mode, then move on to the next solution.
Fourth solution: Factory reset your phone
The last solution you have to do is the reset. As long as the problem is with the app or the firmware, the factory reset will fix it. But before you do that, make sure to create a backup of your important files and data because they will be deleted.
After the backup, follow these steps to factory reset your Galaxy Note 20:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap General management.
- Tap Reset to view all reset options.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Scroll down and tap Reset.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Delete all.
- Enter your password and tap Done to proceed with the reset.
Once you’ve finished setting up your phone, let the camera be the first app you try to see if the problem is fixed.
And those are the things you should do if the Galaxy Note20 camera stops responding. We hope that this simple guide can be helpful.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. Thanks for reading!
- How To Fix It If Your Galaxy Note 20 Keeps Freezing
- Galaxy Note 20 WiFi Connection Keeps Dropping
- How to Block Pop-ups on Samsung Galaxy Note 20