An MP4 file can store audio, video, still images, subtitles, and text while an MP3 file can only store an audio file. If you have an MP4 file that you would like to convert to an MP3 file then this can be done easily. In our latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to convert MP4 to MP3 using Windows Media Player.
If you have any issues with your computer or Android device then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
Convert MP4 To MP3 Using Windows Media Player The Easy Way
Windows Media Player which has been available on the Windows platform since Windows 3.0 is usually used to playback media files. One useful feature that most people don’t know is that you can use this player to convert an MP4 file to an MP3 file. Listed below are the steps that you need to do for the conversion process.
- Open Windows Media Player.
- Click on File > Open…. In the Open dialog that appears, go to the location on your computer the MP4 file you want to convert into an MP3 file is located in and click on it to select it then click on Open to have it opened in Windows Media Player.
- Once the target MP4 file has been opened in Windows Media Player, click on File > Save as…. In the Save as dialog that appears, click on the File name: field, move your mouse pointer to the very end of the file’s name (the extension), and change the 4 in the extension of the file to a 3, changing the extension from .mp4 to .mp3.
- Go to the directory on your computer where you want the converted MP3 file to be saved, and click on Save.
- Windows Media Player will begin converting the MP4 file into an MP3 file, and once the file has been converted it will be saved to the designated location on your computer.
The above steps are what you need to do to convert MP4 to MP3 using Windows Media Player.