Good news for Nokia users, as Nokia recently confirmed that the much awaited Nokia Belle Refresh started to roll out for Nokia N8, Nokia X7, Nokia E7, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01, and Nokia Oro with version 111.040.1511. However, that is not all because the Nokia E6 (version number 111.140.0058) will soon follow later this week, whereas the Nokia 500 updates will be launched in a couple of weeks. Nokia has not clearly mentioned when the Nokia 500 updates will be available, but it will be soon since most Nokia phones are getting updates.
Following are the key changes and improvements that you will see in the updates you receive if you have any of the above mentioned Nokia phones.
Nokia Maps Suite 3.09 – available via IAD in case of FOTA update
- Public transport integrated with line information and departure times.
- Explore cool places nearby, straight from your home screen.
- Multi-point routing with the route planner
- Use your voice to search – Maps and Drive
- See your photos on Map
Browser 8.3 (without UI Threading)
- Services available also offline
- Full HTML5 Support
N8 Imaging Update
- Updated Nokia Store
- Ovi Services branding to Nokia Services
- Gallery widget
- Big Screen
- PlayTo (home electronics connectivity)
- Colorize IT (excl. China)
- Email, detailed
- Email, new arrival
- Mobile data counter
- Facebook, summary
- Social widget
- My Location
- Weather forecast
- Weather, now
- Music Player, medium
- Contact, Group (group support upgrade)
- Contact, individual (Social upgrades)
- RSS widget
- Calendar, agenda view
- Clock, flip
- Clock, text
- Clock, mechanic
- Clock, analogue big
Improved music player
- Lists are tabbed for easy access , swipe from one tab to another
- Play & pause in pull-down status pane
- New ‘Artist View’
- Refreshed ‘Now Playing’ view
- Cellular data on/off
- BT on/off
Social 1.5 – available via IAD in case of FOTA update
- Renewed app layout & FB notifications
- Improved performance
- New home screen widgets
- Automatic Contacts linking to Facebook and Twitter
These updates will be rolling out in phases, which will start with the vanilla versions, country and operator variants will follow within next weeks, depending on local and operator approvals.
Users must keep in mind that after installing these updates, some of their apps might not work properly or at all due to compatibility issues. For that, they would just have to wait until the app makers make their apps compatible with the new versions and new updates on the Nokia handsets.
There are no instructions as to where and how these updates will be available or how to install them. So for now, we will assume that they will be downloaded and installed in the same manner as the previous updates were downloaded and installed – hopefully.