The Samsung Galaxy S4 is one of the best Android smartphones available in the market today. Released just this year and being advertised as “the next big thing”, it comes with hardware and features that truly impresses. While most carriers are offering this device for $199 on a two year contract which is expensive for those on a budget, AT&T has made it more affordable for anyone to get it.
How does $29.99 upfront payment for the 16 GB Samsung Galaxy S4 sound? This is quite tempting even if you get locked to a two year contract. The catch is that you won’t be getting a brand new device but instead you will be getting what the carrier calls is a “Certified Like-New” device. This is actually another way of saying that you will be given a refurbished unit.
Getting a refurbished device isn’t actually that bad since in all aspects it performs just like a brand new device. AT&T is even giving a 90 day warranty on all refurbished devices which should give consumers some peace of mind.
Both new and existing customers can avail of this latest offer of the carrier which can be availed of online and comes with free shipping. There are various plans available to cater to various consumer needs. The $39.99 a month plan is one of the cheapest available which provides 450 anytime minutes.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Technical Specifications
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; quad-band 3G with HSPA; LTE
- 5″ 16M-color 1080p Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 3
- Android OS v4.2.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz UI
- Qualcomm MDM9215 + APQ8064T
- 1.9GHz Quad-core
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of built-in storage
- 13 MP autofocus camera with LED flash,1080p video recording @ 30fps, continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- 2 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- microSD card slot
- microUSB port with USB host and MHL 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.0
- IR port for remote control functionality
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Barometer, thermometer, hygroscope
- IR gesture sensor for Air gestures
- Smart gestures: Smart stay, Smart pause, Smart scroll
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 2600 mAh battery