This post shows how to set up or add a password on the Galaxy M51 smartphone. Read on if you need help securing your Samsung smartphone with a strong and unique password.
Password Unlock Security
Before the introduction of biometrics and security features, a unique PIN, pattern and password have been widely utilized as the primary type of security in various mobile devices.
Setting up a pattern, PIN or password as a screen lock type helps secure your phone from any unauthorized access. The process of setting up a lock screen method is fairly simple but the actual steps may vary between device models.
Depicted in this quick walkthrough is the standard process of setting up a password on the Galaxy M51.
Passwords offer a higher level of security than pattern and PIN. That said, it’s a highly recommended screen lock type before biometrics and security features were launched.
If you just made a switch to Android phones and need some input on how to secure your phone with a strong and unique password, then you can refer to the steps I’ve mapped out below.
Easy Steps to Add a Password on the Galaxy M51
These steps are also applicable when setting up or adding password on other Samsung Galaxy smartphones that have the same software version with the Galaxy M51. Actual screens and menu options may vary between device models, though.
1. To get started, find and then tap the Settings icon from the Home or Apps screen.
Doing so will let you access the main settings menu.
2. Find and then tap Lock screen from the given options.
The Lock screen menu opens with a list of all relevant features and options you can manage.
3. Tap Screen lock type to proceed.
4. Then, enter your current PIN, pattern or password if prompted.
4. On the next screen, you will see a list of all the screen lock types you can use. To set up or add a password, tap Password.
5. Before creating a password, be sure to read the pop-up notes. Once you’re all set, type your password into the provided text field.
As suggested, a strong password must have at least four characters, including at least 1 letter. But to make it simple, create a password that’s hard for others to guess but easy for you to remember.
But if you’re forgetful, then you better take note of your password beforehand in case you’ll need it in the future.
6. After entering your password, tap Continue.
7. On the next screen, you will be asked to re-enter the same password. So, enter the same password on the provided text field then tap OK.
The new password will then be changed and set as the screen lock type on your phone.
To check, just lock then unlock your phone. On the lockscreen, you will be asked to enter the password to unlock and access the Home screen.
Should you wish to make some changes and replace the password with a better one, just repeat the same steps to get back to the lock screen menu where you can change the screen lock type.
Just be sure to remember your password to avoid ending up being locked out of your phone.
And that’s how to set up a new password on the Galaxy M51.
More Video Tutorials
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting clips on different mobile phones and tablets, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
You might also want to read: