Logitech is a company that makes some of the best computer accessories that you can buy. From keyboards, mice, webcams, and headsets, just to name a few, their products are trusted by millions of computer users worldwide. Most of these products will come with a software, called the Logitech Download Assistant, which allows you to easily download their updates. While this is a good feature, sometimes you don’t want it to run on startup as it will use up your computer resources. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will show you how to disable Logitech Download Assistant from startup.
How To Disable Logitech Download Assistant From Startup
There are three ways that you can choose from to disable this software from startup.
Disable Logitech Download Assistant in Task Manager
- Hold the Windows Key and Press R to open Run
- Type “taskmgr” in the text box and click OK to open Task Manager
- Select the Startup tab and find the “Logitech Download Assistant“, right-click on it and select Disable
- Reboot the computer
Disable the Logitech Download Assistant in Settings
- Hold Windows Key and Press I to open up the Settings, then click on “System”
- Open Notifications & actions and scroll down to check Logitech in the list
- If it’s listed then you can toggle Off the notifications
Delete the LogiLDA.dll file in System32
Take note that by deleting this file you will have to manually update your Logitech products in the future.
- Open your File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Now locate the LogiLDA.dll in the directory C:\Windows\System32
- Right-click on the LogiLDA.dll file and click Delete
- Restart your computer.
You can perform any of the three listed steps above to achieve the same results.
Having Issues with your computer? Feel free to contact us using this form. We’ll try to help.