Although the initial launch of Disney+ on November 12, 2019 was not perfect, it’s generally a huge success for many people in the US, Canada, the Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand. These are the initial countries that enjoy Disney+ at the time of this writing. If your country is not in the list yet and you want to watch US Disney+ contents from abroad at this time, you can use ExpressVPN to do that. This guide should give you the step-by-step instructions on what to do.
At A Glance: Our Favorite VPN Services
- Our Top Pick
- Nord VPN
|ExpressVPN||Express VPN||Check Price|
|NordVPN||Nord VPN||Check Price|
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android, Samsung Galaxy Watch, or #Fitbit issues, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
How to watch US Disney+ from abroad using ExpressVPN | get American Disney Plus contents
If you’re planning to watch US Disney+ contents from abroad, which means that the country you’re in right now is not yet supported by Disney service, you need to use a VPN like ExpressVPN first. Learn how to add and install ExpressVPN on your device below.
Sign up and download ExpressVPN
Below are the steps on how to start setting up ExpressVPN on your Android. For this demonstration, we use a Google Chrome browser in a Galaxy Note10+.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN by following this link.
- Once you’ve created your ExpressVPN account, open a web browser on your device and tap Sign in. You’ll need your email address and password for this.
- After signing in, tap Set Up ExpressVPN.
- From the downloads page, you can choose which client you need.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app for Android on your phone or tablet. If you can access Google Play, download the ExpressVPN app from there. If you cannot access Google Play, you can download the APK directly to your Android device by following this link. (ExpressVPN does not recommend downloading their APK from third-party sources.) Keep in mind that downloading APKs from non-official sources can put your data at risk.
- If you downloaded ExpressVPN from the Play Store:
- Tap INSTALL on the Google Play Store page for ExpressVPN.
- Tap ACCEPT, then wait while the app downloads.
- If you downloaded ExpressVPN app as an APK:
- Contact ExpressVPN technical support team for step-by-step process.
- Once the technical team has given you the link to get the APK from, open your web browser and tap the link.
- Tap OK to allow the APK to download. Make sure you have allowed non-Play Store downloads to your device first (Settings > Biometrics and security > Install unknown apps > (choose your browser like Google Chrome).
- Wait for the APK to download.
- After the APK has finished downloading, tap OPEN.
- After opening the APK, you will be asked to approve the installation. Tap INSTALL.
Set up the ExpressVPN app
After ExpressVPN app has been downloaded and installed, you can begin to configure it. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Open the ExpressVPN app.
- On the ExpressVPN app, enter your ExpressVPN username and password, then tap Sign In.
- You can share crash reports and other anonymous analytics to improve ExpressVPN. Tap OK if you agree to share reports.
- You will be invited to set up your VPN and approve connection requests by ExpressVPN. Tap OK and OK to continue.
- To connect to a VPN server location, tap the On Button. By default, ExpressVPN will suggest the location that provides the optimal experience for you, called Smart Location. If you don’t want the current suggested location, simply tap on the More options icon (three dots) and manually pick your server location. You can connect to any of their 160 server locations.
- Fire away and use the internet the way you want to use it!
Sign up for Disney+
You can’t use a VPN to get Disney+ service for free. An active Disney+ subscription must be complemented by ExpressVPN in order for you to watch US contents from abroad. To sign up for Disney+, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser on your phone.
- Go to Disney+ website. This link will only work for US-based users. If you are not in the US (not using a US IP address), you will see the Disney+ preview page instead of the Sign up page. Make sure to enable your ExpressVPN on your mobile first then select a US server location.
- Click on the button that says START FREE TRIAL. This will allow you to enjoy a 7-day free access to Disney+. After the Free Trial, your card will be charged $6.99 every month.
- Enter your Payment Option details.
- Click on Agree & Subscribe.
- Congratulations! You can now start enjoying hundreds of US Disney+ contents using ExpressVPN.
In case you haven’t installed Disney+ app yet, visit its Google Play Store page by following this link.
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
You can also try to look for other solutions that we’ve already published in this site by following this sample format:
Site:thedroidguy.com Galaxy Note10 won’t turn on
This format will tell Google to narrow down its search within our website using the keywords “Galaxy Note10 won’t turn on.” For example, if you have a problem with your Galaxy Note10 not sending texts, just type: “Site:thedroidguy.com Galaxy Note10 won’t send texts” in the Google search box. Articles from our site that Google finds relevant will be listed.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook page.