McAfee Livesafe is a security software that protects your data and identity on all your devices. It works on Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS making it ideal for consumers that use multiple devices. Although this is a solid software there are instances when you will want to uninstall it. We will be showing you how to uninstall McAfee Livesafe the quick and easy way.
If you have any issues with your computer or Android device then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Uninstall McAfee Livesafe Quick and Easy Way
If McAfee Livesafe is pre-installed in your computer when you bought it then you will need to activate your subscription from this link. This will allow you to install the product in the future if you wish to do so without paying for a subscription.
Uninstall the program from the control panel
- Login the computer with an administrator account so that you can uninstall programs.
- Backup the data you want to save because deleting McAfee will remove it from your PC.
- Type Control Panel on the search bar then click on the Control Panel app that appears.
- In Control Panel, select to View as: Category at the top right corner and click on Uninstall a Program under the Programs section.
- Locate McAfee LiveSafe in Control Panel and click on Uninstall.
- Its uninstall wizard should open with two options: Repair and Remove. Select Remove and click Next in order to uninstall the program.
- A message will pop up asking “Do you want to completely remove McAfee LiveSafe for Windows?” Choose Yes.
- Click Finish when the uninstalled completes the process and restart your computer
This is the first method to uninstall McAfee Livesafe.
Download and Run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool
Another method to remove this software from your computer is by using the MCPR tool.
- Download the MCPR tool from McAFee’s official website.
- Double-click on MCPR.exe which is the file you just downloaded. It should be in your Downloads folder by default but you can also open it by double-clicking on the file at your browser Downloads page.
- If you see a security warning asking you whether you allow the app to make changes to your PC, click Yes, Continue, or Run, depending on which version of Windows you have installed.
- At the McAfee Software Removal screen, Click Next and click Agree to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- At the Security Validation screen, type the characters exactly as shown on your screen (validation is case-sensitive).
- Click Next. This step prevents the accidental use of MCPR.
- After the removal process finishes you should see the Removal Complete message which means that McAfee LiveSafe has been removed successfully from your computer.
- However, if you see the Cleanup Unsuccessful message, the cleanup failed and you should restart your PC and try the whole process again.
- Restart your computer after the process finishes
This is the second method to uninstall McAfee Livesafe.
Use Windows PowerShell to Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe
- Type PowerShell in the Search bar located at the bottom left part of your taskbar, right-click on the first result, and select Run as administrator option.
- Copy and paste the following command in order to receive the full list of the apps you have installed along with detailed info regarding every single one. Make sure you click Enter after pasting the text in order to run the command: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name, PackageFullName
- The output of the above command will be a list with two columns. Under the first column the full name of the App (Name) is displayed and at the second column the Full Package Name (PackageFullName) is displayed.
- Wait for the list to load and try to search for McAfee LiveSafe.
- When you find it, copy everything next to the PackageFullName line by selecting the entire text and using the Ctrl + C key combination.
- Use the following command in order to uninstall LiveSafe from your PC. Replace the bolded PackageFullName with the actual name you just copied and click Enter: Remove-AppxPackage -package PackageFullName
- Restart your computer
This is the third method to uninstall McAfee Livesafe.
Uninstall MBAM in Safe Mode
- Type “msconfig” in the Search bar and navigate to the Boot tab.
- In the Boot tab, check the box next to the Safe boot option and click on the radio button next to the Minimal option.
- Click on OK and confirm that you are about to restart your computer.
- The computer should restart in Safe Mode.
- Open Settings by clicking on the gear icon in the Start menu and navigate to Apps.
- Locate McAfee LiveSafe on the list of installed apps and click on Uninstall.
- Open msconfig again and disable the Safe boot option.
- Restart your computer in normal boot
This is the fourth method to uninstall McAfee Livesafe.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.