Owners of the new Samsung Galaxy A9 are among the most recent victims of the Google Play Store error 940. This error occurs while you’re downloading an app. Since it’s not a device or app-specific error, it may occur to other devices as well regardless of the app you’re trying to download.
This kind of problem is very annoying as you will be greeted by the same error message even if you redownload the app. So, for you to be able to continue using your phone normally, you will have to address it as soon as you can. Don’t worry, it’s not really that hard to fix. Continue reading as I will walk you through on how to troubleshoot your phone with this problem.
For owners who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common problems with this device. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work or if you need further assistance don’t hesitate to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
Going back to our troubleshooting, here are the things you need to do to fix the Google Play Store 940 on your Galaxy A9…
- Force restart your Galaxy A9 and download the app again.
- Make sure you have enough storage space.
- Make sure the SD card is mounted and detected properly.
- Clear cache and data of Google Play Store.
- Factory reset your Galaxy A9.
When troubleshooting error messages like this, it’s important that you start with a forced restart which will refresh your phone’s memory and reload all apps and services. So, press and hold both power and volume down keys for 10 seconds or more. Once the device has rebooted, redownload the same app.
When downloading applications or any files for that matter, storage space is important. Just make sure that your phone has enough storage space or if you’re downloading the app into the SD card directly, check if there’s still enough space on the external storage device as well. Another thing you need to do is make sure that your SD card is properly mounted and detected by your phone. For this specific error, try changing the settings so that your phone will download apps into its internal storage and if that’s successful, you can move the app to the SD card after that.
Clearing the cache and data of the Google Play Store has to be done if the problem persists after doing the first three procedures. The error 940 is a Play Store error so it’s important you reset the app back to its default settings and configuration especially if this problem hasn’t happened before. You can do this by going to Settings then Application Manager. You can find the Google Play Store from there.
Lastly, you need to reset your device if the problem continues to bug you even after doing all those procedures. But before the reset, make sure to backup your important files and data as they will be deleted during the process. Here’s how to reset your phone:
- Back up data on the internal memory. If you have signed into a Samsung account on the device, you have activated Anti-theft and will need your Samsung credentials to finish the master reset.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
I hope that this guide have helped you.
- How To Fix Samsung Galaxy A9 Does Not Charge When On
- How to screenshot on Samsung Galaxy A9
- Where to find downloaded images on Galaxy A9
- How to fix Galaxy A9 broken screen issue
- How To Fix Samsung Galaxy A9 Wi-Fi Does Not Turn On
Connect with us
We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won’t charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it’s impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we’ve helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.