There’s been a growing number of Fitbit Versa owners reporting the issue we’re discussing in this post. If you have a Fitbit Versa that has missing Heart Rate data, or if Heart Rate is no longer showing for some reason, one of the solutions in this guide should help. Find out what you can do by checking out the steps below.
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android or Fitbit issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
What to do if Fitbit Versa heart rate is missing | heart rate not showing
If your Fitbit Versa hear rate is missing or not showing anymore, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can do:
Missing Fitbit Versa heart rate fix #1: Verify Heart Rate is enabled
Heart Rate Tracking is enabled by default but if you changed some settings on your device before, the first thing that you want to do on your Fitbit Versa is double check this setting. This is a basic troubleshooting step in this situation. Make sure that you do this. To check Heart Rate Tracking on your Fitbit Versa:
- On your Fitbit Versa, go to the clock face screen.
- Swipe left a couple times until you see Settings.
- Tap Settings app.
- Find Heart Rate and tap it. Make sure that ON shows on the screen.
Missing Fitbit Versa heart rate fix #2: Check Fitbat app
The other way to check Heart Rate Tracking is by using the Fitbit app on your phone or tablet.
- On your phone or tablet, open the Fitbit app.
- Tap the Today tab (middle icon at the bottom).
- Tap your profile picture.
- Tap your device image.
- Tap Heart Rate and make sure it’s set to Auto.
- Sync your device.
Missing Fitbit Versa heart rate fix #3: Open Fitbit.com Dashboard
You can also verify if Heart Rate Tracking in your own Fitbit.com dashboard. This means that you need to log-in to Fitbit’s website in order to do this troubleshooting step. Follow the steps below:
- From the fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon User-added image > Settings.
- Under Devices, click your device.
- Make sure Heart Rate is set to Auto.
- Sync your device.
Missing Fitbit Versa heart rate fix #4: Check fitting of Fitbit Versa on your wrist
If one of the suggestions above confirms that Heart Rate Tracking is ON but the your Fitbit Versa still appears to be missing it, the next move that you can do is to check if you’re wearing the device wrong. Some users may think that all they need to do is to simply wear the watch and that’s it. The thing is, the sensor that detects heart rate uses light to track your blood. This is done by illuminating the capillaries with an LED, then sensing the amount of blood pumps. Your Fitbit Versa then calculates the BPM or beats per minute based on this reading. If you wear your watch loosely, your gadget may not be able to get accurate reading and skewing the result.
Missing Fitbit Versa heart rate fix #5: Restart Fitbit Versa
Restarting your Versa is another effective way to fix minor bugs. If heart rate data is still missing in your Fitbit Versa, try restarting it.
There are two ways on how to restart your Fitbit Versa. Learn how to do each one below.
How to restart Fitbit Versa via Settings
This is the simplest way to restart your Fitbit Versa. Do this if you encounter problems, or if you want to conserve battery power.
- On your Fitbit Versa, go to the main or Home screen.
- Swipe left on the screen until you see Settings.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap About.
- Select Shutdown.
- Tap Yes to confirm shutdown.
If you want to turn the watch back on, simply press and hold the Back (left) button for a few moments.
How to restart Fitbit Versa using 2-button procedure
An alternate way to reboot your Fitbit Versa is by pressing two buttons instead of going under Settings. This is a useful way to restart if your watch has become problematic or unresponsive. Doing this won’t delete your data so you can do it safely. Here’s how it’s done:
- On your Fitbit Versa, press and hold the Back and bottom right button for a few seconds.
- Once you see the Fitbit logo screen, release the buttons.
- Wait for a few seconds until the device vibrates. This signals that the reboot has been successful.
NOTE: Versa has a small hole (altimeter sensor) on the back of the device. Don’t attempt to restart your device by inserting any items, such as paper clips, into this hole as you can damage your Versa.
Missing Fitbit Versa heart rate fix #6: Factory reset
This is a bit drastic but if none of the solutions above work, consider doing a factory reset to erase the device. If the cause of the problem is software-related, factory reset should help.
There are two ways to factory reset a Fitbit Versa. The easier way to wipe your watch is to do the first option so we suggest that you try this first (hard reset via Settings).
How to hard reset Fitbit Versa via Settings
Unless your Fitbit Versa fails to turn on, wiping your device via Settings menu should be your primary option. Don’t forget: factory reset will return the software to its defaults. This means that all your apps and personal data will be erased, including cards you added under Wallet.
If you want to sell or give the device away, we suggest that you remove the Fitbit Versa from your Fitbit account first and forget the device on your phone.
To remove a Fitbit Versa from your Fitbit account:
- Go to www.fitbit.com and log in.
- From the Dashboard, click the device you’d like to remove.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click Remove This Fitbit ( Versa) From Your Account and click OK.
Now, if you wish to go ahead with factory reset, follow the simple steps below:
- On your Fitbit Versa, swipe left on the screen.
- Continue swiping to the left until you find Settings app.
- Tap Settings.
- Swipe down and tap About.
- Tap Factory Reset.
How to hard reset Fitbit Versa using hardware buttons
If you happen to be having an issue with your Fitbit Versa and it’s not allowing you to go to Settings menu, don’t worry. You should still be able to hard reset your Fitbit Versa using the hardware buttons. Again, this procedure will wipe the device and erase your personal data. Be sure to back your data up before doing the steps below.
- On the Versa, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don’t follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.
Missing Fitbit Versa heart rate fix #7: Get a replacement
Just like any electronic device, your Fitbit Versa’s hardware may be broken as well. If heart rate information is still missing on your Fitbit Versa at this point, you can assume that you may have a hardware malfunction. In this case, we suggest that you contact Fitbit support or the store where you bought the device from so you can request for a replacement unit.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook and Twitter pages.