If you have no smartphone to connect your Galaxy Watch Active to, or if you don’t intend to use it with your phone for whatever reason, it can be done relatively easily. In this offline mode, there are some features that you’ll miss out such as notifications, calendars, and so on. Just remember, this smartwatch is mainly designed to work with a Samsung mobile device (although third party phones also work fine). If you want to get all the benefits of your smartwatch, we suggest that you pair it with a phone.
Before we proceed, we want to remind you that if you are looking for solutions to your own #Android or #Fitbit issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
How to use Galaxy Watch Active without a phone
To use and set up your Samsung Galaxy Watch Active without a phone or mobile device is easy. Just follow the steps below and you’re all set.
- Turn on the Galaxy Watch.
- Tap Let’s go if this is the first time you’ve used it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap the question mark icon.
- Tap the underlined link, here.
- Check the notice and tap Continue.
- Read the terms and conditions and tap Agree.
- Select the checkbox next to I have read and agree to all of the above.
- Tap Next.
- Login with your Samsung account (or select Skip).
- Set your Timezone.
- Hit Next.
- Set the correct Date, then hit Next.
- Tap Next and set up your PIN.
- Wait for the device to finish setting up.
- Follow the tutorials and your Galaxy Watch Active should be good to go afterwards.
Engage with us
If you are one of the users who encounters a problem with your device, let us know. We offer solutions for Android-related problems for free so if you have an issue with your Android device, simply fill in the short questionnaire in this link and we will try to publish our answers in the next posts. We cannot guarantee a quick response so if your issue is time sensitive, please find another way to resolve your problem.
If you find this post helpful, please help us by spreading the word to your friends. TheDroidGuy has social network presence as well so you may want to interact with our community in our Facebook page.