When trying to play a Blu-Ray disc on your Windows 10 computer using the VLC app you will sometimes get the error “This Blu-Ray Disc needs a library for AACS decoding”. One of the main causes that triggers this error message is that the disk is protected by AACS and BD+ technology. Another possible reason is a missing KeyDB.cfg file. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Blu-Ray disc needs a library for AACS decoding issue.
If you have any issues with your computer or Android device then feel free to contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix This Blu-Ray Disc Needs A Library For AACS Decoding Issue
To fix this problem you will just need to add some library files to VLC to enable it to decode AACS.
- Go to this link: https://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name
- Download the KeyDB.cfg file
- Go to the AACS Dynamic library then click on the link of the VLC version that you are using.
- Copy the KeyDB.cfg you your clipboard then use file explorer to navigate.
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box.
- Type “%APPDATA%\” and press enter to open the hidden Appdata folder.
- Create a new folder (Right-click > New > Folder) and name it aacs
- Open the newly created aacs folder and paste the KEYDB.cfg file
- Navigate to your download folder and copy the libaacs.dll file to your clipboard.
- Use File Explorer to navigate to the install location of VLC and paste it there. The default location is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC (64 bit) or C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC (32-bit).
- Open VLC and open the Blu-Ray disk that was previously failing with the “This Blu-Ray Disc needs a library for AACS decoding”.
At this point the Blu-Ray Disc Needs A Library For AACS Decoding Issue will already be resolved.
Engage with us
Feel free to send us your questions, suggestions and problems you’ve encountered while using your Android phone. We support every Android device that is available in the market today. And don’t worry, we won’t charge you a single penny for your questions. Contact us using this form. We read every message we receive but can’t guarantee a quick response. If we were able to help you, please help us spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends.